Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THEMovieman

Ultimate Movie Trivia

Mae West...

Her first major run in with censorship laws came in 1926 when she was jailed for the play Sex, which she both wrote and starred in. West was sentenced to 10 days in jail on obscenity charges. However she allegedly received star treatment in prison, dining each night with the warden and getting two days off for good behavior. Despite this fact she was sympathetic to those less fortunate, and upon her release she penned an article about the women she had met behind bars. Putting her money where her mouth was, she also made a donation on their behalf to fund a prison library.

In 192, she again was prosecuted for her play "Drag" ...

San Francisco has the 49ers...The "39ers" is the nickname for a middle school football team in honor this actor who also had the school named after him...

That's right Miles...Mr. Benny Kubelsky, from Waukegan, IL, had a middle school named after him with the football team nicknamed the "Thirty-Niners", since he was always 39 years old every year...Your thread.

Thanks. Jack Benny's theme song had the same title as a movie that featured his good friends, George Burns and Gracie Allen. Can you name the song and movie? Burns and Allen also had a theme song that was used in their television show. Can you name their song?

Burns and Allen's theme song is Love Nest - I've hummed that one to myself for longer than I'd want to admit! As far as Jack Benny's theme goes I think it's Love In Bloom - that's the title of George and Gracie's film, however the song wasn't used in the film. Bing Crosby sang Love In Bloom in the movie She Loves Me Not . ?????????

{font:Times New Roman}"Jello, again!" You got it, Lavender. And did you know that Bing Crosby's wife, Dixie Lee, was the female star of the movie "Love In Bloom"? Jack Benny and George Burns were long time friends. They were supposed to star in the movie "The Sunshine Boys", but Jack passed away and he was replaced by Walter Matthau. Your turn, lav.

{font}

Jello to you, too, Miles! I didn't know that bit of info about Dixie being the lead in the film. Thanks.I've always had this theory about certain people who should live forever., George and Jack are among them.

An actor who was a master carpenter and cabinetmaker. He even built one of his own homes.He's an A lister with blockbuster films.Who ?

Correct mudskipper.Harrison Ford. A carpenter, before his acting career took off. I've read that he was very much in demand for his fine craftsmanship. Good work, your thread.

In 1971, [John Mills|http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0590055/] won best supporting actor for playing a mute in "Ryan's Daughter". He bowed and said nothing in the shortest acceptance speech on record.

Your thread, Lana...