Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THEMovieman

Ultimate Movie Trivia

Oh no! cujas this is painful, I'm getting a headache trying to remember. I heard this bit of trivia on TCM either from RO or Ben. It was quite awhile ago and I can't remember who they were now. UGHHH! Hope somebody gets this one soon.

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Nov 6, 2011 2:43 PM

This film took place in an Asian locale--and Von Sternberg is indeed the director we're referring to--

Can you name the picture?

sterberg made quiten a few "orientals"

shanghai express

shanghai gesture

macao

i will guess you have shanghai gesture as the one in mind

Metz, *Macao* is right because the question was about the actor who defied Von Sternberg's ruling of no food on the set.

The actor was, of course, Robert Mitchum, and Von Sternberg, not, Mitchum was replaced for the duration of the shooting.

According to a TCM interview Mitchum had with Osborne, Nick Ray finished the picture with Ray, Mitchum and Russell supplying the final pages of dialogue.

Metz, it's all yours--

There was an actor who had a lock on portraying a particular U.S. president. He played him nine times in different movies. Name the actor and the president he played.

Correct, Lana.

h1. Joseph Crehan (1883–1966) [Actor|http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003277/#Actor]

h4. Trivia: Portrayed President/General Ulysses S. Grant nine times.

Your thread..

Edited by: mudskipper on Nov 14, 2011 9:52 PM

{font:Times New Roman}Thanks.

This person in history has been portrayed almost 150 times in movies and tv. Alan Mowbray portrayed him 3 times. Montagu Love twice. Douglass Dumbrille once. A stage actor who acted in silent pictures and shorts portrayed him 5 times. Name the stage actor and the famous man in history. {font}

Edited by: allaboutlana on Nov 16, 2011 10:51 AM

Georgie ( "I chopped down the cherry tree") Washington...The silent star was Joseph Kilquor from Canada, who was born during the civil war....

This non-musical film was released in the '30s. It was later remade as a musical. Still later , it was remade again as a non-musical. What were the 3 titles?

Another hint: The same actor starred in the original and the non-musical remake.

Edited by: finance on Nov 27, 2011 1:39 PM

Edited by: finance on Nov 27, 2011 3:03 PM