Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THEMovieman

Ultimate Movie Trivia

Your last clue triggered my memory. Tyrone Power is one of my Mom's favorites and also a big star at 20th Century Fox. I got her a box set of Tyrone Power movies and two of the movies below are in that box set.

The movies are:

Love is News

Sweet Rosie O'Grady

That Wonderful Urge

Can you name one starring an actress other than Hayward? If I was looking for one actress, I would have mentioned it in the question. Sorry.

Edited by: finance on Dec 2, 2011 3:25 PM

How about Doris Day as Ruth Etting in "Love Me Or Leave Me" or Barbra Streisand as Fanny Brice in "Funny Girl" ?

Well, for that matter depending on where you draw the line on classic- TCM has shown *Lady Sings The Blues* - Diana Ross as Billie Holiday. I think that may not be what you were thinking about, but according to your clue, she certainly hit the skids.

All of them are good. I was thinking of Kim Novak in JEANNE EAGELS. Lana gets the thread.

Edited by: finance on Dec 3, 2011 11:56 AM

The 20th Century logo is seen in the opening credits with no music, in two movies: The Bible, in the Beginning and this Oscar-winning film.

And, a child is heard singing in the dark, when the logo fades in during the song, in this film. There are two movie titles I'm looking for, for the answer.

Edited by: allaboutlana on Dec 5, 2011 10:54 AM

Niether one.

The movie with no music heard during the 20th Century logo has never been on TCM, but is seen every year at Christmas on network tv.. The lead actress had won an Oscar prior to this film.

The film with the young child singing during the beginning of the film is usually seen at October, due to its dark tone and disturbing content, (but can seen from time to time on TCM), and has one big similarity to the first answer. It also features an actress with many Oscar nominations but no wins.

Edited by: allaboutlana on Dec 6, 2011 8:22 AM

*The Innocents* is correct. The similarity between it and the other is that Kerr and the leading actres both play governesses looking after children. *Sound* familiar?

*?WHO SAID THIS BASACKWARDS?*

Several quotes, the speakers identified. All about the same person. *Who?*

"We should take up a collection to send (him) to Yale."

...Ernest Hemingway

"(He was) the one everybody fought with."

...Burton Bernstein, New Yorker staffer, Thurber biographer

"(He is) the Master of the Fancied Slight."

...Hooboy. Robert Benchley, Bennett Cerf, Harold Ross and Woolcott Gibbs were among those who took or was given credit for that one.

"...he is an underrated writer because every single person who knew him hated him. Everyone tells stories about what a jerk he was, what an idiot, what a social climber, how awful he was. He's one of my favorite writers...As soon as all the people who knew him die off, people will come to share my opinion."

...Fran Lebowitz

Who?

The biography of Mr. O'Hara that I'm currently reading is entitled The Art of Burning Bridges by Geoffrey Wolff. The writer's lifestyle of taking -- and giving -- offense is a major theme of the work.

Down in exactly one hour. Stick's thread.