Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THEMovieman

Ultimate Movie Trivia

Maybe *Moontide* ? Ida Lupino was a groundbreaker for women in Hollywood .

Jean Gabin, Claude Rains. Thomas Mitchell would be the drunken, lying, perverted killer?

Lavender--you're too hot to handle! Great job!

This movie, "Moontide" has slipped away from most people. It's really like a French movie of the era. Gabin did his thing and the Americans didn't care for it. Fritz Lang, the genius of the German cinema actually started this film. Salvador Dali did some of the drunken dream sequence. And Zanuck, famously, Cast Thomas Mitchell against type.

This film may have been the last one where Ida wasn't in control in front of or in back of the camera.

Lav is up--

Katharine Hepburn won her first Oscar as the aspiring neophyte actress in "Morning Glory". In the first scene, Miss Hepburn pays hommage to what 4 theatre greats in acting by pausing under their portraits outside a theatre in New York?

Yes, 6 it was--you've seen the movie. Isn't it amazing how much all the Drew-Barrymores look alike.

6 is up--

I'll take it.

In the period 1966-1970, one studio had 3 musical films which lost a lot of money, and another studio had 2. Name the studios and the films.

Finance, I can't believe we came up with the movies at the same exact time! I kind of feel honored!

My first reaction when I read this was one has to be Doctor Dolittle, 20th Century Fox. That's all I have for now, and I will be away from the computer for the rest of the day. Anyone can finish this answer and/or take the next turn.

To tell the truth, I have to look up the answer when I get home. I'm not currently at home. It was mentioned in a book I am reading.

There was a VERY long running TV series based on a movie. For the TV series they changed the name by adding an acronym. Name the original movie and the TV series.

I'll just give it up. June Allyson was in Battle Circus which was based on a MASH unit. The series MASH was based on this and the 1970's movie MASH. Open thread.