Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THEMovieman

Ultimate Movie Trivia

Any other clue to this movie?? I don't believe it could be Bedtime Story..and not Lawrence of Arabia because he turned that role down.

I think that would be "The Young Lions" (1958). Marlon Brando and Maximilian Schell are the two Oscar winners in question.

Cheers,

Dan

{font:arial, helvetica, sans-serif}I think that would be "The Young Lions" (1958). Marlon Brando and Maximilian Schell are the two Oscar winners in question.{font}

{font:arial, helvetica, sans-serif}Cheers,{font}

{font:arial, helvetica, sans-serif}Dan{font}

"The Young Lions" it is...and the wife is Barbara Rush ( not Bush)...Where ya been, Dan?....Your thread.

Thanks, skip.

Jack Totheroh (1914-2011) is not a name known by many moviegoers, but he owns a unique record in film making.

Jack appeared in his first film, "The Bachelor's Baby," in 1915... when he was only a one-year-old baby. He was in another film in the 1920s, and much later, he appeared in the film "Chaplin" in 1992, then showed up again in "Weekend King" in 2007.

Jack passed away in 2011, when he was 96 years of age.

His "unbeatable" record is that his film "career" lasted 93 years... longer than Johannes Heesters (87 years), Mickey Rooney (86 years), and Danielle Darrieux (79 years).

Now then. WHAT Oscar winner has a shot, hypothetically of course, of breaking Totheroh's record for cinema longevity?

Hint: Like Jack Totheroh, the Oscar winner in question was in his first film as an infant. He is still very much in the movie business. Tell me his name.

Cheers,

Dan

Milton Berle's career was also 86 years. I wouldn't bet against Mickey Rooney breaking the record. If you think about it, theoretically, all living Oscar winners have a shot at the record if they live long enough, but you are probably thinking of Jeff Bridges, who appeared with his brother and mother in the 1951 movie "The Company She Keeps". Ron Howard, also an Oscar winner, who has gone from acting to directing, would also have a shot. He appeared in "Frontier Woman" in 1956 when he was 18 months old.

Miles, it isn't nice to make the questioner feel like a fool by answering a question two (2) seconds after it is posted. Part of the etiquette of the game.

I was thinking of the actor, not the director. Your thread.

And now I go back into hibernation.

Cheers,

Dan

Sorrry Dan, it's just somrthing that I happened to know. Now, most of us know that Alicia Rhett made her one and only movie appearance in "Gone With The Wind". There was an actor with a speaking role in GWTW who appeared in only one other theatrical movie, although he did do some television in later years. He worked for years as a radio announcer in Los Angeles. In his later years, he and his wife opened a Gone With The Wind-themed bed and breakfast and museum in Georgia. Can you name him?

Fred Crane, one of the Tarleton twins in "Gone With The Wind" was an announcer for station KFAC in Los Angeles. Him and his wife ran a GWTW-themed museum and bed and breakfast antebellum mansion in Barnesville, GA, not too far from Macon...He became best friends with George Reeves, the other twin, and was best man at Reeves' first wedding.

His other movie was the 60-min. Cisco Kid film, "The Gay Amigo"(1949). He died of a pulmonary embolus after being hospitalized for diabetes in 2008 in Georgia...

Well, at least the question was up there for a few minues before it was answered. I actually have a copy of that Cisco Kid movie and Fred Crane's role is very small. Since I taped "Gone With The Wind" off the old AMC channel years ago, I can now say that I own the entire collection of Alicia Rhett and Fred Crane movies. You're up, muddy.

Marlene Dietrich once said, "You should cross yourself when you say his name."... Who was she referring to ?

It was Orson Welles she was referring to...They worked together in "Touch Of Evil"....Your thread, Dilly.

Thanks.

The original choregraphy for this film had to be changed because it was beyond the talents of the star. The star wound up incorporating his unique moves that he used when he performed in front of a live audience at concerts. Who's the star and the film?

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jun 10, 2012 12:55 PM

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jun 10, 2012 12:58 PM

Charlton Heston/Lizabeth Scott - *Dark City, Bad for Each Other*

Robert Mitchum/Jane Greer - *Out of the Past, The Big Steal*

Glenn Ford/ Gloria Grahame - *The Big Heat, Human Desire*

Humphrey Bogart/ Lauren Bacall - *The Big Sleep, Key Largo*

This actress had a small part in a 1954 musical and appeared briefly in a 1959 musical, as a secret weapon. Name the actress and the two films.

Edited by: allaboutlana on Jun 12, 2012 3:29 PM

I don't know if you noticed, but I was changing my post and would have left it, but I noticed you answered my previous question. I'll have to use another thread. So, you're right. Your thread.