Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ultimate Movie Trivia

Here's a twist on Double Indemnity--

A bored young wife, who is married to a rich older man, together with her husband plan to murder a young male business associate and split the life insurance money.

Of course, the only complication is that the young, sexy blond wife falls in love with the pigeon.

Does this sound familiar to you?

She has a turn in that film!

What common bond do these films share: 1) Men in Black II 2) Kissing Jessica Stein 3) Serendipity 4) Spy Game 5) Spiderman 6) Sidewalks of New York. To solve this one, you'll need to consider the timing of their release dates.

Well, *excuuuuuse* me!

The World Trade Center, then?

(Just kidding. Barbara Eden's role in I Dream of Jeannie, and the airbrush adjustments to her costume, were the only references I had ever seen where that term was used.)

Edited by: flashback42 on Jul 25, 2012 6:36 AM

Thanks, Edythe.

Very popular early-1980s adventure film. Launched a series in fact. A memorable moment in the story involve a violent face-off between a swordsman and a marksman. Popular as this passage was, it was occasioned, not by plot considerations, but by real-world conditions involving one of the performers.

The film? Scene? Decisive factor?

(23,933)

In "Raiders Of The Lost Ark", Indiana Jones is challenged by a swordsman in the Arab marketplace. The plan was to have the two of them fight, but Harrison Ford was quite sick that day and was not up to it. He suggested that, since he was carrying a gun, why not just shoot the guy and save all that time and emergy? Of course, that's what he did.

Correct, Miles. As it was brought to my attention, Indy (Mr. Ford) had a condition that often happens with people who go to a different part of the world, where there is a different local diet, different bacteria in the water, etc.

Miles' thread.

It's hard to imagine anyone but Harrison Ford. I read that Magnum PI did a sendoff called Legend of the Lost Art.

This famous British comedian became popular doing impersonations with a team of his old buddies called The Goon Show in the early '50s. Within 5 or 6 years he would go on to land a part in a classic comedy using those skills that showcased his talent.

Yes, I see. *The Terry Fox Story* is the first HBO film. Not the first film on HBO. As I was researching I came across this question in another area - accompanied by an answer. I could not verify the answer so I will not mention it at this time. I will pass for now.