Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Short United States Navy Band (1943)

Happen to see this short, United States Navy Band (1943). For the first time I saw my dad playing his clarinet. He was only 20 years old at the time. I was overwhelmed and would like to find a way to get a copy to share with my son and his son's. They have never seen their grandfather. How can I go about getting a copy of this short?

Welcome to the boards. Do you happen to know what movie it followed or about what day and time it ran? Perhaps, somebody recorded the movie and got the short too.

I would also suggest that you re-post this under "general discussions" which gets a lot more traffic than the shorts forum. Makes sure it's the "general discussions" that's near the top of the forums list (just below "hot topics") and not the ones under the film festival or technical problems categories.

Good luck.

> {quote:title=markfp2 wrote:}{quote}

> Welcome to the boards. Do you happen to know what movie it followed or about what day and time it ran? Perhaps, somebody recorded the movie and got the short too.

>

That short was shown on TCM on Tuesday night, June 22, after the feature "No Time For Sergeants".

Here's a little info on the short:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=400314&category=Full%20Credits

And more:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0216325/combined

One reviewer there says the short is available as an extra on the DVD of the 1943 Warner Bros. picture "Thank Your Lucky Stars".

Thanks for you're reply. The short ran between No Time for Sargeants and Buck Privates on the 22 of June 9pm Central. TCM Id'd the short in their schedule but it is not scheduled again. As you suggest I will post on the General Discussion Board. I also got a post that this short is available as an extra on another film. I will also check this out.

Thanks again

• 2 months later...

> {quote:title=dabakertwo wrote:}{quote}

> Happen to see this short, United States Navy Band (1943). For the first time I saw my dad playing his clarinet. He was only 20 years old at the time. I was overwhelmed and would like to find a way to get a copy to share with my son and his son's. They have never seen their grandfather. How can I go about getting a copy of this short?

>

It's coming up again on TCM on Saturday morning, Sept. 11, 2010, following the Bowery Boys movie.

Here's your chance...fire up that recorder!