Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DownGoesFrazier

Name the pre-1970 film

I may not be on site much this week, so I'd like to wrap up any threads I'm responsible for.

This was an Oscar nominated film with a very beautiful theme song. It's also one of my most favorite films, ever. The leads are A+.

Still another hint: The "better known- much different film" that they co-starred in, years later, was directed by Vincente Minnelli.

Edited by: finance on Nov 26, 2010 10:35 AM

Edited by: finance on Nov 26, 2010 3:48 PM

and Still another hint: This film's title is very similar ( but is unrelated) to a later Judy Garland film.

Remember---This is a pre-code, in which a newly promoted police detective falls for an earthy waitress.

Edited by: finance on Nov 27, 2010 9:40 AM

This movie, set in India, was actually filmed in Pakistan. At that time, the cast stayed in the only suitable hotel in the city. Since then, the suite occupied by the lead actress, Room 55, to this day has been named in her honor. It has a large black and white smiling portrait of the actress....Name the movie and the actress...You can also name the Punjabi city if you want..

The movie was set during the time of British withdrawal from India and involves the Anglo-Indian community and Indian Railway system....

"Bhowani Junction" is correct. It was filmed in Lahore, Pakistan. The suite was known as the Ava Gardner Room.... Your turn, VI...