Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name the pre-1970 film

Thanks, Lavender.  I love Leave Her to Heaven, but the turkey sandwich scene escape my memory. 

Next:  A woman gives another man one of her earrings.  She tells him to be on the lookout for a messanger who will have the other earring. 

The Prisoner of Zenda :)

Yes, that's correct.  Good job!  I love this movie.  Rupert of Hentzau (Fairbanks) is my favorite character (even though he's a villain). 

Just so you'll know, we normally wait to receive confirmation about our answers before we post the next clue.  This is the rule for all the "name the movie" threads and trivia threads.  You don't need to wait for confirmation for threads like Movie Scramble, The First Film That Comes to Mind and some of the other non-trivia threads. 

Yes, that's correct.  Good job!  I love this movie.  Rupert of Hentzau (Fairbanks) is my favorite character (even though he's a villain). 

Just so you'll know, we normally wait to receive confirmation about our answers before we post the next clue.  This is the rule for all the "name the movie" threads and trivia threads.  You don't need to wait for confirmation for threads like Movie Scramble, The First Film That Comes to Mind and some of the other non-trivia threads. 

Thank you again for filling me in. And Fairbanks definitely stands out in the movie. He plays his part well!

Manhattan Melodrama, Clark Gable and Spencer Tracy are taken in and raised by a kindly Jewish man. Myrna Loy is their love interest when they grow up.

Yes, that's correct.  The thread is all yours, Lavender.

A manicurist hopes to snag a wealthy man for herself, but discovers that the man she has set her sights on is a lazy loafer whose family lost their money in the 1929 crash.  He’s hoping to marry a wealthy woman who will support him in the manner to which he has become accustomed.

Thanks, Star. 

Next:  A man goes to a businessman's office to try to sell him some life insurance.  He ends up teaching the businessman how to relax so that his blood pressure will go down. 

The Golden Fleecing ?

No, sorry.  I'm thinking of another film.  This film was made after The Golden Fleecing.

Here's another hint -- The man who was selling life insurance had not been able to sell a policy to anyone.  The businessman had tried to purchase life insurance before, but he was unable to pass the physical exams due to his high blood pressure. 

Henry Fonda movie The Magnificent Dope??

Yes, that's correct.  Nice going, Lavender.  If you get the Fox Movie channel, this movie will be shown on Sunday morning (I think it's 7:30 am -- EST). 

Your turn, Lavender.