Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DownGoesFrazier

Name the pre-1970 film

sounds like Shadow On the Wall ?

Yes, that's correct.  Your turn, Lavender.

Thanks Azure :) think I'll watch my tape in the next few days, really like this film a lot

Not intentionally, a woman leaves her hankerchief in a phone booth

Correct Azure. Anne Baxter leaves her handkerchief behind while in a phone booth in the film

The Blue Gardenia. Your thread :)

Thanks, Lavender. 

Next:  To avoid having to continue fighting a duel, a man rides away on his horse and hides in an alcove of a castle. 

Maybe Scaramouche? Before Granger becomes an excellent swordsman ?

No, sorry.  The film I'm thinking of was made several years before Scaramouche

Here's another hint --  The man's father is ashamed that his son was such a coward.  To preserve the family honor, the father decides to bury his son alive by bricking up the alcove. 

Hint - The man dies after being sealed up in the alcove.  Since his father put a curse on him, he must haunt the castle until a member of the family performs an act of bravery while wearing a certain ring. 

Charles Laughton as The Canterville Ghost ??

Correct!  Good job.  Your turn, Lavender.

Thanks, I love that film, such a sweet film :)

Future in-laws came to the young woman's parents home for dinner. Her uncle shows up late and acts foolishly

neighbors of the girl's family misunderstand the circumstances and start rumors, that prompts the mother to change the families plans

Sorry, thinking about another film. There are flashbacks in this film and the star is an Oscar winner ( for another film)

I think it's About Mrs. Leslie.  I missed this movie when it was shown on TCM.  Fortunately, it will be coming on again next month. 

About Mrs. Leslie is the film. Shirley Booth and Robert Ryan. I thought someone would get it on the first clue, figuring some watched the film since it's so rarely shown and was discussed. I purposely didn't reveal too much about the relationship between Booth and Ryan in case a few hadn't seen the film. TCM will be re- airing About Mrs. Leslie in July. Good guess Azure, it's your thread :)