Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name the pre-1970 film

Thanks, Lavender.   I really wanted to see this film when it last came on, but something came up and I ended up missing it.  I had hoped that it would be on TCM On Demand, but it wasn't.  I wish I'd recorded it!  Oh, well.  I'm glad that I'll get another chance to watch it next month. 

Open thread. 

Marsha, Far From the Maddening Crowd, Julie Christie ??

lavender, you're correct. But the actual title is "Far From The Madding Crowd" based on the Joseph Hardy novel. I don't know why Mr. Hardy chose "Madding" instead of "Maddening", but that was his choice as the author. The film is terrific and of course it stars the wonderful Julie Christie along with Terrence Stamp, Peter Finch, and Alan Bates as her three suitors.

Great job. It's your turn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Correct The Big Combo is the film directed by Joseph Lewis.He directed Gun Crazy. He went on to direct tv shows. He directed 51 episodes of The Rifleman. The Last time I watched The Big Combo was on TCM, the MIA DGF and I talked about the film quite a bit thru pm's. where is DGF?

Good work, your thread Azure.

Next:  On a cruise ship bound for San Francisco, an astrologer tells a man that he will die within 48 hours. 

Just as the astrologer predicted, the man dies within 48 hours.  Although it appears that he committed suicide, the police suspect that he may have been murdered.  The astrologer becomes one of the main suspects. 

When Were You Born ? Anna May Wong ?

Correct!  Good job, Lavender.  I was hoping that someone would be familiar with this film.  I have to admit that I only watched it because Anna May Wong was in it.  Since I don't believe in astrology, a lot of things in this film were hard to swallow.  It was still a pretty entertaining film, though.

Your turn, Lavender. 

• 7 months later...