Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name the pre-1970 film

59 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

The Professionals

The Professionals is correct, lavenderblue.  Great film from director/writer Richard Brooks. A personal favorite of mine.  Good job...it's your turn.

5 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

No, sorry it's not that film. However, one of stars is the same in both films. Please read all the clues, other than the Broadway show and a man looking for backing those things did not happen in Tea For Two

lavender, 

The only other film I can think of is "Lucky Me" which also stars Doris Day....could that be the film?

On 7/23/2018 at 2:48 PM, MarshaKatz said:

clue: she inherits a farm and raises sheep

clue: Our heroine's three suitors are a soldier, a wealthy middle-aged bachelor farmer, and a shepherd of modest means

On 7/25/2018 at 9:28 AM, MarshaKatz said:

clue: Our heroine's three suitors are a soldier, a wealthy middle-aged bachelor farmer, and a shepherd of modest means

Clue: Our heroine marries the soldier and he along with the farmhands celebrate and get drunk. A tremendous storm occurs, which threatens destroying the harvest. The shepherd helps our heroine in saving her crop.

19 hours ago, MarshaKatz said:

Clue: Our heroine marries the soldier and he along with the farmhands celebrate and get drunk. A tremendous storm occurs, which threatens destroying the harvest. The shepherd helps our heroine in saving her crop.

Clue: based on the novel by Thomas Hardy

19 hours ago, MarshaKatz said:

Clue: based on the novel by Thomas Hardy

Let's try to wrap this up.....the film is directed by John Schlesinger and was shot on location in Dorset and Wiltshire in England

4 minutes ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

The Lion In Winter?

Det Jim,

You're absolutely correct! "The Lion In Winter" is the film.  I love this movie from the beginning to the end. The performances are all superb and the pairing of Peter O'Toole and Katharine Hepburn is sheer bliss. 

It's your turn, now.