Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DownGoesFrazier

Name the pre-1970 film

Next:

Well-to-do young woman lives with her widowed mother and a brother who is a away at an Ivy League school.

Her mother worries that she's too susceptible to the advances of her brother's friends.

The mother gets advice from an old family friend who says there's nothing to worry about.

In the mean time the girl takes up with one of her brother's manipulative friends. 

In the meantime the young woman is  "led" astray by one of her brother's friends.

When his mother discovers them in her basement, there is a scandal.

The young lady recovers and is later introduced to one of her brothers more suitable Ivy League friends at a nightspot.

The man who she had the previous fling with insults her at the bar and the new friend defends her honor, the old-fashioned way.

The young woman and her new friend fall in love and subsequently marry.

On the day of the wedding, they are observed by the maid's son, who's graduating from college.

The Builder has always admired and adored the young woman from afar.

At first she maintains the haughty position of her class, but her sexual proclivities get the best of her.

The spurned lover finds a woman who resembles his former lover and proceeds to take his frustrations out on her in physical abuse at a local motel.

40 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

The drunken, crazed contractor escapes from the hotel speeding in his vehicle.

I haven't seen this one in years, I think it's  A Rage To Live ? Suzanne Pleschette. It's the Ben Gazarra clue as the contractor that reminded me of this film. This one hasn't been on tv in years, I don't think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I haven't seen this one in years, I think it's  A Rage To Live ? Suzanne Pleschette. It's the Ben Gazarra clue as the contractor that reminded me of this film. This one hasn't been on tv in years, I don't think.

I know that you have admired Suzanne Pleshette for years just as I did when we were both growing up. Such a beautiful woman and such a wonderful actress.

As much fun as this movie was, I don't think you could make it today because it is so retro-- sexist backward. 

And She had terrific Supporting Cast backing her up with Ben Gazzara, Peter Graves and Brad Dillman.

Lav, well done, your turn.....

• Like 1

Thanks. The first clue about Suzanne's character being caught with the boy, I knew that I had seen the film. Just could not remember the title or cast, then the Ben Gazarra clue made me remember Suzanne. I loved her. Beautiful, intelligent and talented.

I wish this film was shown more often

next

A husband drops his wife off at work, later, when he shows up to pick her up, he sees her passionately kissing another man. When the wife and her boyfriend walk out together the wife sses the husband and is fearful that he'll hurt her when she gets back home.

• Like 1

A woman that he knows asks for the husband's help. He goes with her and gets into a fight with a man. The man calls the police. A warrant is issued for the husband's arrest.

The killer boyfriend is a jewel thief. They locate him in a bar, the woman unsuccessfully tries to seduce him in order to get him outside so the husband of the murdered woman can capture him.