Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DownGoesFrazier

Name the pre-1970 film

17 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

He co-starred in one the most beloved Christmas/Holiday movies

I'm not a particular fan of John Payne but we used to watch "Restless Gun" at home on our lunch hour in grade school. Just a few years ago I got some El Cheapo noirs that he was involved in. I had no idea that he had that kind of a career too.

And I found out that he's very good in this genre!

I haven't seen this one but it sounds like "99 River Street".

He certainly was a versatile actor who probably deserved a lot more credit.

Lav, you certainly have seen more movies than I I have. LOL

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

I'm not a particular fan of John Payne but we used to watch "Restless Gun" at home on our lunch hour in grade school. Just a few years ago I got some El Cheapo noirs that he was involved in. I had no idea that he had that kind of a career too.

And I found out that he's very good in this genre!

I haven't seen this one but it sounds like "99 River Street".

He certainly was a versatile actor who probably deserved a lot more credit.

Lav, you certainly have seen more movies than I I have. LOL

Yes, John Payne and 99 River Street. Very, very good noir and he was really good in it. Yes, he deserves more credit, he was so good in noirs and he was versatile. I've seen 99 River Street quite a few times and it is shown  on TCM, try to watch next time it's on, worth the time.  I spent a lot of time watching old movies when I was a kid and thru the years, personally, I think you using the time for dance was a better, healthier choice LOL Thanks Princess, your thread :)

15 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Yes, John Payne and 99 River Street. Very, very good noir and he was really good in it. Yes, he deserves more credit, he was so good in noirs and he was versatile. I've seen 99 River Street quite a few times and it is shown  on TCM, try to watch next time it's on, worth the time.  I spent a lot of time watching old movies when I was a kid and thru the years, personally, I think you using the time for dance was a better, healthier choice LOL Thanks Princess, your thread :)

Well, I was dancing, but I had to watch a lot of those Fred Astaire movies quite a few times to pick up some of those steps. LOL

Lav, thanks for the question and I shall return.....

I'm taking a guess with Home From The Hill- Eleanor Parker, Robert Mitchum, Tony Perkins and George Peppard - the last 3 clues remind me of the film and it was directed by Vincente Minnelli

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I'm taking a guess with Home From The Hill- Eleanor Parker, Robert Mitchum, Tony Perkins and George Peppard - the last 3 clues remind me of the film and it was directed by Vincente Minnelli

Yes, and my next clue was the warthog--that certainly should have gotten it. It's a wonderful masculine Macho movie--

a departure from the Minnelli musicals. He was so versatile.

Also, the mealy-mouthed son was George Hamilton not Tony Perkins. And There was another great role for Constance Ford in this film.

*   BTW--I just heard about Peter Fonda. This is the anniversary of Woodstock and Abbey Road: it's almost like a milestone for Our Generation.

Lav, we're still here and you're next.....

• Like 1

Thanks Princess :)

A man wants to buy back the farm his family once owned, but another man also wants the property. The owner sells it to the man whose family once owned it and the other man is angry and holds a grudge.

Here is a wild guess (since I haven’t seen the film in awhile).  Is it THE WAGONS ROLL AT NIGHT?

25 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Here is a wild guess (since I haven’t seen the film in awhile).  Is it THE WAGONS ROLL AT NIGHT?

Sorry Arturo, the film I'm thinking about is a very famous film

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

Is it "The Quiet Man"?

I knew you'd get this one Miles, of course it's John Ford's The Quiet Man. John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. Good work, your thread Miles :)

A young boy who tells tall tales witnesses his neighbors committing a murder, but no one believes his story, except, of course, the murderous neighbors.

2 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

A young boy who tells tall tales witnesses his neighbors committing a murder, but no one believes his story, except, of course, the murderous neighbors.

Sounds like The Window