Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name the pre-1970 film


Recommended Posts

On 9/10/2019 at 11:27 PM, Arturo said:

Next:  A young girl goes off to college.  However, she ends up falling in love with one of her professors.

Haven't seen this one in ages but sounds like Mother Is A Freshman- Loretta Young as mom, Betty Lynn as the daughter and Van Johnson as the love interest ????

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Haven't seen this one in ages but sounds like Mother Is A Freshman- Loretta Young as mom, Betty Lynn as the daughter and Van Johnson as the love interest ????

Good guess Lav,  but it’s not this film.  

Here is another clue:  They get married, and her parents are upset. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

It's "The Roaring Twenties" with James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, and Jeffrey Lynn as the three men.  Priscilla Lane was the young woman who marries Jeffrey Lynn,  and Gladys George was Cagney's business partner.  

Yes, The Roaring Twenties, I thought the first clue would've done it. It's a great classic crime film with a superb cast and Frank McHugh plays Cagney's friend who gets bumped off and his body is dumped in front of Cagney's and Gladys George's saloon. The film has been shown 100's of times over the years. Thanks Miles,  I was about to give up.Your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Yes, The Roaring Twenties, I thought the first clue would've done it. It's a great classic crime film with a superb cast and Frank McHugh plays Cagney's friend who gets bumped off and his body is dumped in front of Cagney's and Gladys George's saloon. The film has been shown 100's of times over the years. Thanks Miles,  I was about to give up.Your thread

I knew it was a 1930s WB gangster film, but I was thinking early 30s.  So the wracking of my brain didn’t help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 5:16 PM, MilesArcher said:

It's "The Roaring Twenties" with James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, and Jeffrey Lynn as the three men.  Priscilla Lane was the young woman who marries Jeffrey Lynn,  and Gladys George was Cagney's business partner.  

Miles, it's your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...