Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name the pre-1970 film

• 1 month later...

I believe all three of those refer to The Pink Panther (David N. rescues dog, Clousseau's (sp?) wife changes clothes and Robert Wagner has the false picture.

Here is mine...  A woman gets changed in a taxi cab.

A man eats Cracker Jacks while walking through a NYC Park.

A gorgeous long black dress in front of a store window.

A woman loses her cat and goes to the NY Public Library for the first time.

Woman constantly loses her apartment keys.

31 minutes ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

I believe all three of those refer to The Pink Panther (David N. rescues dog, Clousseau's (sp?) wife changes clothes and Robert Wagner has the false picture.

Here is mine...  A woman gets changed in a taxi cab.

A man eats Cracker Jacks while walking through a NYC Park.

A gorgeous long black dress in front of a store window.

A woman loses her cat and goes to the NY Public Library for the first time.

Woman constantly loses her apartment keys.

Chaya. Yes it's the Pink Panther. Please play the game the way we've always played it. Have patience, wait for the poster who posted the question to answer you. What if the answer was incorrect? You need to wait to get a response from the poster. before you post a new question.Thanks. btw, Breakfast at Tiffany's I believe is the answer to your post.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Chaya, why did you make that icon on my post? That makes no sense. It was my thread since you checked the thanks icon ( although you need to answer yes or no to a response to a question.. I decided since it was my turn to leave the thread OPEN.As I've suggested to you before, you need to step back and observe how these threads are played. This thread was going to page 3 and would have been out of play. Questions and answers need to be posted in a timely manner or threads become lost

The thread is now Princesses. I'll repost her question as a courtesy

next

A young woman is knocked about on the city subway as she and her friend rush to work. But they arrive late anyway.

• Thanks 1

I made the icon because I didn't know what you meant about moving topic.

Also, I don't know if it was in this thread or not but there was a post about a movie wherein an actress in NYC is told by her doctor (because she lost weight) to go to her country home with her assistant.  When she gets to her home, she finds that it has been "taken over."  I was just wondering what the film was.

Happy Saturday LavenderBlue!

1 hour ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

I made the icon because I didn't know what you meant about moving topic.

Also, I don't know if it was in this thread or not but there was a post about a movie wherein an actress in NYC is told by her doctor (because she lost weight) to go to her country home with her assistant.  When she gets to her home, she finds that it has been "taken over."  I was just wondering what the film was.

Happy Saturday LavenderBlue!

1. Moving a topic? I never said that. These are called threads. Every time another thread is in play, a thread is bumped down. This thread because it went unused was bumped down to page 3. Once that happens they tend to get lost since not often do posters look at threads that aren't on page1 or 2.

2. The film I gave clues for was in another thread called Describe the Scene it was not in this thread.  You can find the thread  Describe the Scene on page 2.  I also did not say that the Dr. told the actress to rest because she lost weight???? she was exhausted and just hadn't eaten that day, so she passed out. the dr told her to rest because she was exhausted. Miles answered correctly, the film is MY SIX LOVES starring Debbie Reynolds, Cliff Robertson, David Janssen. Happy Saturday to you too, Chaya!

• Like 1

This is the next one that princess wrote

21 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Next:

A young woman is knocked about on the city subway as she and her friend rush to work. But they arrive late anyway.

Next:

The young woman provides a personal service by appointment.

Upon arriving at work, she rushes to an appointment in the apartment building.

Upon seeing her client she is surprised and a bit saddened.

8 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

Hands Across the Table

Yes sir, if you really know Carole Lombard's movies this wasn't hard.

But it was my first one that I ever saw as a kid. It's kind of special to me. I have it on a DVD Carole Lombard  collection.

Judy Garland forever!

Star, it's all yours.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, starliteyes said:

Fed up with his free-spending family, a wealthy banker throws his wife's sable coat off the roof of the building where they live.

Star-- I've heard so much about this movie that recently I had to watch the first part because it was so talked about.

It's "Easy Living"--starring Jean Arthur, Ray Milland and Edward Arnold.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Star-- I've heard so much about this movie that recently I had to watch the first part because it was so talked about.

It's "Easy Living"--starring Jean Arthur, Ray Milland and Edward Arnold.

Yes, it is Easy Living, Princess, but I'm curious about the fact that you said you watched the first part of it recently.  Were you not interested in the rest of the film or had you already seen that part?  Personally, it's one of my favorites and I've never seen another apartment to compare with the one that Jean Arthur ends up in.

Your thread. 

28 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

Yes, it is Easy Living, Princess, but I'm curious about the fact that you said you watched the first part of it recently.  Were you not interested in the rest of the film or had you already seen that part?  Personally, it's one of my favorites and I've never seen another apartment to compare with the one that Jean Arthur ends up in.

Your thread. 

Star-- I will check it out again to see the apartment. But just between you and me, I'm not a big fan of Jean Arthur's, although I've certainly watched her in those legendary classics she starred in.

And I'll be back with another question.

• Like 1
On 7/12/2020 at 10:55 AM, Princess of Tap said:

Star-- I will check it out again to see the apartment. But just between you and me, I'm not a big fan of Jean Arthur's, although I've certainly watched her in those legendary classics she starred in.

And I'll be back with another question.

Princess, this one is yours