Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name the pre-1970 film

27 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

laffite, it's only been 18 hrs ago since I posted the question and what I wrote was comprehensive. I'm one of the few posters that have posted in a timely way, some here don't post for days.
We certainly do not need to post clues more than one a day and it's a guess =clue., so  please take it easy.

He takes his revenge on the men responsible for hanging the innocent man. He then rides off to his mother's house. A man who had committed robberies with him in the past shows up and tells him of a bank robbery he has planned.

Only 18 hours?  That seems a long time to me. Is this thread about just one sentence at a time laboriously and boringly through the entire movie. No wonder it takes seven weeks to get through it. There was a reference to the seven-week thing, not sure if it was you or another. I propose as a good model MilesArcher's question above where enough was told about the story overall to make an educated guess. Look above, the answer was OUT OF THE PAST and even I got it.

Ok, I said my two cents.

I'll try to take it easy, Dear Lav and longtime Board friend. 🌷 Thanks for letting me speak.

On 9/17/2020 at 11:41 AM, laffite said:

Only 18 hours?  That seems a long time to me. Is this thread about just one sentence at a time laboriously and boringly through the entire movie. No wonder it takes seven weeks to get through it. There was a reference to the seven-week thing, not sure if it was you or another. I propose as a good model MilesArcher's question above where enough was told about the story overall to make an educated guess. Look above, the answer was OUT OF THE PAST and even I got it.

Ok, I said my two cents.

I'll try to take it easy, Dear Lav and longtime Board friend. 🌷 Thanks for letting me speak.

laffite, you've got some nerve. I've been doing trivia for over 12 years, giving questions and clues, keeping this alive. 
there were times when only Miles and I kept this going where were you then? Where were you for most of that time? It was Princess whose question went on for 7 weeks, mine don't. If you don't like this thread and finds it "LABORIOUS" then don't play. I think  your attitude and post so highly hurtful and insulting.  You obviously do not know how to play these games. No one posts more than a clue a day unless there is a guess. If they did that's all they would do all day. I don't sit here all day, maybe you have nothing better to do, that's your problem, not ours. Get another hobby between clues

.  ps- we are no longer board friends. a friend would not have written that to me. Apologize if that's not too" laborous" an undertaking for you.

24 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

laffite, you've got some nerve. I've been doing trivia for over 12 years, giving questions and clues, keeping this alive. 
there were times when only Miles and I kept this going where were you then? Where were you for most of that time? It was Princess whose question went on for 7 weeks, mine don't. If you don't like this thread and finds it "LABORIOUS" then don't play. I think  your attitude and post so highly hurtful and insulting.  You obviously do not know how to play these games. No one posts more than a clue a day unless there is a guess. If they did that's all they would do all day. I don't sit here all day, maybe you have nothing better to do, that's your problem, not ours. Get another hobby between clues

.  ps- we are no longer board friends. a friend would not have written that to me. Apologize if that's not too laborous an undertaking for you.

So we are no longer friends. Okay then, I'll have to edit my previous post and take that flower back. :lol:

Okay, carry on, 12 years of experience can't be wrong.

Hoping that your question will last till Christmas. It's bound to with one threadbare clue one after the damn other.:lol:

Buh-Bye

/

11 minutes ago, laffite said:

So we are no longer friends. Okay then, I'll have to edit my previous post and take that flower back. :lol:

Okay, carry on, 12 years of experience can't be wrong.

Hoping that your question will last till Christmas. It's bound to with one threadbare clue one after the damn other.:lol:

Buh-Bye

/

Somehow my questions have never lasted more than a couple of days. Go into the thread and read it. Just because you don't know the movie I'm asking about and want to be plied with spoonfed clues all day, don't take it out on me. LOL Oh and BYE, BYE

• Like 1

I've rethought this exchange between us laffite.  I think you're terribly bored and grumpy as we all are with the present situation we're all suffering thru, so I'll give you a clue regarding the cast. The male lead and the female lead made 4 films together. One was a drama, one more of a drama although there are some comedic moments, one a noir and one a western. Unless there's a gues,s that's it for clues today.

• Like 1

When I read the first clue I thought of "Fury" with Spencer Tracy, but I remembered that he escaped jail when the mob set fire to it, so it was not a lynch mob.  Then it came to me.  The movie is "The Moonlighter" with Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck.  It's a western and Moonlighters is a name for cattle rustlers. 

The Moonlighter - Great Western Movies

Now, we don't want squabbling on these boards.  It doesn't do any good and it just gets nice people upset.  There are some unwritten rules of protocol  and etiquette that we try to follow.   If you guess an answer and are incorrect, that should alert the original poster to post another clue.  Remember, a guess should lead to another clue.  Hopefully, the clues will be helpful enough so that someone will guess the correct answer.  After confirmation, that poster gets to post the next question.  Sometimes it takes a while and we must be patient.  Common sense should tell the original poster that after a reasonable period, if there have been no correct responses, it's time to give the answer.  With all of the endless list threads cluttering up the boards, it's easy to overlook some questions and sometimes the original poster needs to be reminded of that.   So please be patient, and above all, please be civil in your posts.  We hate to see board friendships suffer because of something so petty.     

• Like 1

Corrrect Miles, it is Moonlighters, Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck. Glad my clues were enough for you to get the correct film. Yes, patience is key with this type of thread. A guess= a clue and out of courtesy we try to post a clue a day, whether there has been a guess or not, at least you know I do.
We certainly are not compelled to post more than a clue a day and as you know I'm very quick to post clues. Yes, you're right about the endless list threads, with those you don't have to wait for clues and questions like this one get pushed to the next page. 

At any rate, thanks for answering, good work, glad you know this film, it's shown on TCM every now and again, as a matter of fact it was shown just awhile ago. Fred and Barbara are great together. The wasterfall scene is fantastic and Barbara and Fred I believe did their own dangerous stunts.,That would have been my next clue, but you guessed the film without it! Thanks and Good work, your thread :)

Thanks, Lavender.  Now, a husband, wife, and young son go on a vacation to Mexico.  They stop at a remote beach to go fishing.  The husband is on an old pier when it collapses, pinning his leg under a massive timber that is too heavy for the wife and son to move.  The wife must drive many miles to try to get help.  Meanwhile, the tide is coming in.  Do you know this movie?

On 9/18/2020 at 5:32 PM, MilesArcher said:

When I read the first clue I thought of "Fury" with Spencer Tracy, but I remembered that he escaped jail when the mob set fire to it, so it was not a lynch mob.  Then it came to me.  The movie is "The Moonlighter" with Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck.  It's a western and Moonlighters is a name for cattle rustlers. 

The Moonlighter - Great Western Movies

Now, we don't want squabbling on these boards.  It doesn't do any good and it just gets nice people upset.  There are some unwritten rules of protocol  and etiquette that we try to follow.   If you guess an answer and are incorrect, that should alert the original poster to post another clue.  Remember, a guess should lead to another clue.  Hopefully, the clues will be helpful enough so that someone will guess the correct answer.  After confirmation, that poster gets to post the next question.  Sometimes it takes a while and we must be patient.  Common sense should tell the original poster that after a reasonable period, if there have been no correct responses, it's time to give the answer.  With all of the endless list threads cluttering up the boards, it's easy to overlook some questions and sometimes the original poster needs to be reminded of that.   So please be patient, and above all, please be civil in your posts.  We hate to see board friendships suffer because of something so petty.     

I've been on this website for 11 years.

And as people come and go things change. These games are organic just like a human being. And they're bound to change with the different participants that we have.

What's important is that we remain flexible to some extent and welcome new people without being extremely pedantic.

As people get to be a certain age they do tend to be more comfortable with doing things the same way they've always done them. But it's also good to be open to new ways of doing things and new ideas.

We have traditions on these games. But at the same time there are no real set rules or any Board of Governors who tell other people what they should and should not do.

As Lav has said many times,

If you're new it's a good idea to stick around and watch how people do things. To get in the groove.

But on the other hand, new people are great because they bring a new blood and new participation.

Nobody is Marshall Dillon around here.

We should all try and be more flexible, while at the same time maintaining our fun movie traditions. The whole point is to have fun-- isn't it?

13 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Thanks, Lavender.  Now, a husband, wife, and young son go on a vacation to Mexico.  They stop at a remote beach to go fishing.  The husband is on an old pier when it collapses, pinning his leg under a massive timber that is too heavy for the wife and son to move.  The wife must drive many miles to try to get help.  Meanwhile, the tide is coming in.  Do you know this movie?

Sounds like Jeopardy to me. Barbara Stanwyck and Barry Sullivan and Ralph Meeker.

Thanks Miles, good film. I have a tape of Jeopardy and watch it on TCM when it's shown.

next

A woman who is in love  and so obsessed with a man is spurned and rejected by him. She marries her employer but her obsession with the other man leads to disaster for both of them.

10 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

Possessed? (1947 version)

That the film Star, Possessed. Joan Crawford, Van Heflin as the object of her neurotic obsession and Raymond Massey as the husband.  I read that Joan did her research spending time in mental hospitals to help her portray a tortured woman. Good going Star, your thread :)

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

The deceased wife's friend pretends to be her and telegrams the American GI husband about her arrival in New York with the twins.

But he has no memory of having been married, much less of having twins.

Wow, sounds good. I can't for the next clues. :)  Oh wait, I gotta get popcorn.