Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name the pre-1970 film

Uh, 'skipper, there are a number of titles that may be considered accurate answers to that question. Mr. Faust did most of his movie work using the pen name "Max Brand". *Destry Rides Again* is a strong contender for that answer; he also wrote a number of the "Doctor Kildare" scripts and stories.

???

"Destry Rides Again" was the one I was looking for...I used to read and own a lot of Max Brand western paperbacks years ago. If you read his "Destry Rides Again", you'll see a very different plot from the movie. In the book, he was a vagrant who didn't like anybody kicking his dog...

Brand was known primarily as a western writer. His two best known characters are Destry and Dr. Kildare. Then there's also "Silvertip", which became a TV series. He died while serving as a war correspondent in Italy in 1944.

Your thread, Flash.

"Destry Rides Again" was the one I was looking for...I used to read and own a lot of Max Brand western paperbacks years ago. If you read his "Destry Rides Again", you'll see a very different plot from the movie. In the book, he was a vagrant who didn't like anybody kicking his dog...

Brand was known primarily as a western writer. His two best known characters are Destry and Dr. Kildare. Then there's also "Silvertip", which became a TV series. He died while serving as a war correspondent in Italy in 1944.

Your thread, Flash.

Thanks, 'skipper. I have read the original novel, and I once posed a trivia question (not answered) of the "what in common?" sort, naming all the people who have played Tom Destry, including TV series and the musical stage. Next up.

Pre-1070. Med school grads in their first work assignments. Ensemble acting, multiple plot threads. Notable, for one thing, for the number of young performers with some big years ahead of them both, bigscreen and TV.

That's Cracklin' Rosie to you. LOL ;)

trying to stay calm. 70% chance of tornadoes in this area. I hate Fla! Keeping fingers crossed there isn't a power outage. Very windy and heavy rain.

next:

Young woman rebels against her mother to be with the guy she loves.