Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unlisted Short Aired Today

This is a heads-up for early Friday, March 16. There are three consecutive time slots that most likely will have phantom shorts:

All times Eastern:

*3:36–4:00am –* after Stagecoach

*5:36–6:00am –* after Flesh

*7:34–8:00am –* after About Face

On March 22 at 7:50 PM EDT, after Them! (1954), the FitzPatrick Traveltalks, *Floral Japan (1937)* aired without notice.

In addition, at approx. 12:47 AM on March 23, the Vitaphone musical short, *Vaudeville # 2* *(1934)* aired also. This title is also known as *Vaudeville featuring Buster Shaver-Olive & George (1934)*.

It appears that the unlisted shorts that I cited earlier today were added to the schedule after the animals escaped from the barn, so to speak. Just before I posted that earlier message, I refreshed the schedule and there was no sign of them thar phantoms.

MGMWBRKO:

Apparently the bug hasn't been totally eradicated, because I just saw the following unlisted short, which I had never seen before:

*7:46pm ET –* A Vitaphone Variety: *Henry Santry and His Soldiers of Fortune –* after the listed short The Background Beat short and before Wuthering Heights.

Edit to add the following, which aired 2 hours later:

*9:48pm ET* – A Vitaphone Variety: *Jack Buchanan With The Glee Quartet* – after Wuthering Heights

Edited by: FredMertz on Mar 23, 2012 10:00 PM

*Tuesday, March 27:*

*7:35pm ET* – *Sydney "Pride Of Australia"* was listed on the schedule, but *Colorful Curacao*, a previous phantom Traveltalk, aired instead. *Cape Breton Island* aired as scheduled at 7:49. A rare scheduling quirk, with consecutive Traveltalks.

Tonight's scheduled airing of *Sydney, Pride of Australia (1938)* did not run. Instead, we saw *Colorful Curacao (1939)* in its place. Strangely enough, this is not the first time this has happened with this Sydney title. In April of 2010, roughly, Sydney, Pride of Australia was scheduled but Colorful Curacao was screened instead.

And as Fred indicated, on Jan 19, 2012 prior to *Under Capricorn*, the Hitchcock period piece set in Sydney, Australia, an unscheduled short ran. Can you guess which one it was? Our good ol' Colorful Curacao, once again.

It seems to me that they were intending to show the Sydney Traveltalks on all three of these occasions, but somehow it is mislabeled and we are getting the Curacao one. Do they screen the shorts in advance to make sure we are getting the scheduled one? Just a random thought.

If you are listening TCM administrators, can you look into this all to frequent glitch and locate the Sydney, Pride of Australia short? I have never seen this title and was so looking forward to its airing.

Hopefully, this will get worked out in due time. Thank you for your attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday, 4/12, between Arthur and RO's chat with Liza, we saw

*Just One More Time* (1974)

the promo about the making of That's Entertainment.

Perhaps they need to keep the schedule flexible around clips from the festival.

Sunday, April 15:

5:49pm ET -- *Crashing the Water Barrier* -- following Written on the Wind

edited Monday morning, April 16, to add:

Sunday, April 15:

11:37pm ET -- The Taxi Boys in *What Price Taxi* -- following What Price Hollywood?