Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Moodri

Unlisted Short Aired Today

Apparently putting in all of this month's Hal Roach short-film marathons wore out whoever usually updates the schedule. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long before that person recovers.

Pete Smith Short, well, a sports one here...talking about the Colorado desert, in California, now boats on the salty water....sigh....

EDIT: some digging (Dad heard Salton Sea) the short is

Desert Regatta (1932)

Edited by: ziggyelman on Jan 15, 2011 5:49 PM

Unlisted short after BEST FOOT FORWARD on Sunday morning, Jan. 16:

UPS AND DOWNS (1937) starring Hal LeRoy, with June Allyson.

Another unlisted short followed I WANT TO LIVE! on Sunday morning:

STORY CONFERENCE (1934) starring Lillian Roth.

Edited by: musicalnovelty on Jan 16, 2011 10:25 AM

Sorry I missed STORY CONFERENCE, its a really neat short. I like the satire of the Honeymoon Hotel number!. Lillian Roth was such a cutie then! :x

Sad to say, the TCM EXTRAS aren't in the listings since a couple of weeks ago, all the way to the end of March (!@#&*). No way I'm leaving my recorder on for 24 hours every day. Does this mean (gasp!) that EXTRAS are no longer being listed? I often watch TCM just to catch an EXTRA at the end of movies I've already seen.

Anyone know the url of the Complaint Department?

In the past the shorts have seldom been listed more than several days to a week out. I haven't noticed lately but things could always change.

You can call TCM's viewer message line at *404-885-5535*. I called them last night and gave them an earful. If they get enough calls, they might take the hint.

Unlisted short Friday morning after NO OTHER WOMAN:

HARRY RESER AND HIS ESKIMOS (1936) - Vitaphone.

Please TCM, can we get these back to being listed on the schedule?

Just wanted to throw my lot in with those who are frustrated by the fact that shorts haven't been getting listed in the schedule.

There are a lot of people who like TCM especially, even specifically, because of the number of shorts shown. But how are we supposed to know when to watch if we don't know what's going to be on?

C'mon, TCM, it's time to get on the stick and start listing shorts again.

mf

Here's another one that just aired after Beneath the 12-Mile Reef and before City Streets:

THE NAGGER AT BREAKFAST (1930) -- Vitaphone

Hate this after-the-fact stuff, but it wouldn't be this way if they'd just list them.

mf

Sometimes TCM's "unlisted" shorts appear in third party online guides or through the cable service schedule menu. It's worth a try.

Unlisted short Saturday morning, Jan. 22 after the Bowery Boys movie:

THE CAR THAT BECAME A STAR (1964) - Promo short for the feature THE YELLOW ROLLS-ROYCE.

And that doesn't even count the two FitzPatrick Traveltalk shorts that aired yesterday, Old Natchez on the Mississippi (1939) and A Word for the Greeks (1951)

FYI....there is a 31 minute gap on TCM's schedule tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, between Love Is On The Air and Girls On Probation.

I would expect a short to air during this time. On the other hand, I've been wrong before.

Radio Runaround (1943) with Leon Errol ran between Love Is On The Air and Girls On Probation this morning.

*TCM Programmer:* Please go back to listing upcoming shorts either on the Schedule or on the Bulletin Boards as you did a few years ago.

Perhaps I am just paranoid, but I always worry when someone like this happens(Shorts not listed for days, has it been a week?) that there have been serious cutbacks at TCM....

There is a 20+ minute opening on TCM's schedule between Love Me Tonight and Love In The Afternoon tonight.

There's also about a 15 minute window between Gary Cooper: American Life, American Legend and Key To The City tomorrow morning.

I called TCM today @ 404-885-5535 and left a message as suggested by a previous poster on this thread. Hopefully if everyone here does this they'll resume listing the between feature short films.

Unlisted short after LOVE ME TONIGHT early Thursday morning:

BELOW ZERO (1930) starring Laurel & Hardy.

(And it was shown complete this time).

Unlisted shorts on TCM, Friday, Jan. 28:

After THE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER -

TravelTalks short. Missed the title, but probably the one about Budapest that usually follows this feature.

And -

Greta Garbo film festival promo.

After TO BE OR NOT TO BE -

Clip from THE DIVINE WOMAN (1928) lost Greta Garbo feature.

Unlisted short following THE MERRY WIDOW on Friday evening:

HOW I PLAY GOLF no. 2 - CHIP SHOTS (1931) - Vitaphone.

Shown, for some reason, without any main titles.

Edited by: musicalnovelty on Jan 28, 2011 6:29 PM