Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unlisted Short Aired Today

In looking over the schedule, I noticed a few gaps that could mean the possibility of unlisted shorts playing tonight. Here they are:

A 29 minute gap between the end of Drums of Africa (9:31 pm ET) and the beginning of Harum Scarum (10:00 pm ET).

A 27 minute gap between the end of Harum Scarum (11:25 pm) and the beginning of the promo short Poltergeist (11:52 pm).

A 14 minute gap at the end of Jewel of the Nile (1:46 am) and the beginning of The Son of the Sheik (2:00 am) (this one is less likely).

A 21 minute gap at the end of The Son of the Sheik (3:09 am) and the beginning of The Wind and the Lion (3:30 am).

Hopefully, they'll fill in the schedule sometime today, but as of now (11:45 am ET), this is where it stands.

Mickey:

Those gaps will be much reduced for at least the first 2 films, because of TCM's look at Arab Images on Film this month. Robert Osborne discusses each film with Professor Jack Shaheen for several minutes before (and for a short time after) it is aired.

Also, I've found that the monthly schedule is usually updated weekdays after 10pm ET. Hopefully that will be the case tonight.

Shorts are now posted on the schedule through Sunday night, but still nothing listed for some of the open time slots later tonight.

Maybe TCM will use tonight's shorts openings to run the cartoons and shorts that were scheduled but not shown last week.

We shall see...

LITTLE BEAU PORKY showed up immediately following DRUMS OF AFRICA, in glorious Black & White, without the introduction that they ran a week ago. Did you ever notice how hard it is to type while patting yourself on the back for setting the recorder to run all night long on such a promising night as this?

After movies on Thursday night, July 21, TCM ran the cartoons

LITTLE BEAU PORKY

HARE-ABIAN NIGHTS

SAHARA HARE

POPEYE MEETS ALI BABA'S FORTY THIEVES

Except for the Three Stooges short which maybe they'll run next week if there's time, does that cover all the cartoons scheduled but not shown last week?

Did anybody else catch the unscheduled short that ran before Land Of The Pharaohs (1955) last night?

It was a FitzPatrick TravelTalks consisting of "Ancient Egypt" (1938). I thought they would run something considering the amount of time before 9:45 PM EDT.

It's part of the look at Arab's in film they're featuring this month. The first clip they showed was Abbot and Costello and one of the last was Danny DeVito in Jewel of the Nile. I'm trying to find the cast for this short to figure out the name of the lady featured near the end with dark hair and a husky voice. I know I've seen her before in something. Does anyone know who she is or what that short was called so I can find its filmography?

It's more of a promotional featurette promoting their month long Arab Images on Film series. It's produced by TCM and it's to promote those upcoming films in the series. It's rather akin to their "Word of Mouth" productions in which current film stars discuss some aspect of a film or actor from the past. That movie will then be scheduled to air.

Am I the only one who caught the phantom short aired on Saturday, Aug. 6 at 5:47 AM EDT? It followed Destination Tokyo ( 1943). Its title was "Floral Japan" (1937) and it's a TravelTalks from James A. FitzPatrick.

I anticipated such a short but I was hoping it would be the lesser screened "Cherry Blossom Time In Japan" (1936).

Are you reading this, TCM elves?

Accorging to today's schedule, the music short *Gus Arnheim And His Ambassadors* was scheduled at 6:22pm ET. What actually aired was a different, shorter film, *Gus Arnheim And His Ambassador Hotel Orchestra*. If the short listed in the schedule had aired, it would have overrun its time slot by about 2 minutes. The *...Hotel Orchestra* short ran only about 5 minutes.

On Tuesday, August 30, 2:21 PM EDT, "Old Natchez on the Mississippi" (1939), a FitzPatrick TravelTalk, prior to the airing of Show Boat (1951).

Keep em comin' TCM Elves.

May I take this opportunity to formally request "Grand Canyon, Pride of Creation" (1943) from the FitzPatrick canon for future viewing pleasure? Much obliged.

• 2 weeks later...

> {quote:title=bbbobbb wrote:}{quote}Two more for tomorrow (11Sep11):

>

> If I Forget You at 11:26AM

>

>

>

>

>

> and

>

>

>

>

>

> Glimpses Of Morocco and Algiers at 4:50PM

>

Just for clarification, the times you posted are for Pacific Daylight Time.

Found *only* on the weekly schedule it shows If I Forget You (1940) to be shown at 2:26 PM EDT and Glimpses of Morocco and Algiers (1951) at 7:50 PM EDT.

Also, it begs the inevitable, is it *unscheduled* if it is posted in advance? Food for thought.

Thanks Raquel I fogot to put the time zone in, however, I am more confused than ever.

I have been using the "daily" schedule and not the "weekly" as previously in this thread this was the most likely (though random) place where Shorts would be listed.

The Shorts I listed were not in the "daily" shedule when I posted, they are now. I did not check the "weekly".

So now I need to check the "daily" and the "weekly" and it also seems at different times during the day...? I guess this is harder than it seems at the TCM elf end. :-(