Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me? II: 1900 - 1970

Thanks.

?I had wanted to be a vet, but my voice and fate had other things in store for me. I debuted on the stage in a musical and was to be the only person ever to be signed to a personal contract to Rogers and Hammerstein. I made my debut in movies singing all wet. I even played a lady that was no lady. My costar, the leading man, told me I?d win an Oscar, but I didn?t believe him. After I won the Oscar, my salary doubled, my friends tripled, my children became more popular at school, my butcher made a pass at me, and my maid hit me up for a raise.?

?Do you know me??

Thanks.

This actor was a school teacher before coming to Hollywood . After his first film, he co- starred in a film that was so successful, there were multiple sequels He played the same character in all of them. He re-united with one of his co-stars in another legendary film. He served in WWII as an Intelligence Officer and was awarded

The Bronze Medal .He resumed his career in Hollywood co-starring in another much loved film. In the 60's he appeared in 2 films with 2 legends. He went on to do TV and stage work then retired to pursue a career in real estate. Oh, did I mention he was almost Ashley Wilkes. Who was this handsome actor?

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Nov 19, 2010 4:32 PM

And you'd both be absolutely Correct. Jeffrey Lynn . All lthose wonderful *Four Daughters* films, *The Roaring Twenties* *A Letter To Three Wives* Great work Lana and Roberta. Lana, you got there first, your thread. Thank You both for playing.

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Nov 20, 2010 11:34 PM

Thanks.

?My father an actor, my mother a concert pianist, I fell in love with acting. Though I had a long career in movies, tv, and the stage from 1938 to 1999, I will forever be remembered for a movie usually seen at the holidays. While I enjoyed making the movie, I fear no one will know just how accomplished I am, just from watching me in that. I am a trained pianist and singer and dancer. As such, I have been called the ?complete actress.? And, I was able to teach ballet by the age of 10. I won a Tony in 1973, for a musical, in which a song, which has become a standard, was written expressly for me and my unique voice. I have been married four times, but all I can say in my defense is that I married all my lovers. And, I admit in some of my most memorable roles, I was simply crazy for men. I just thought they were the living end. So, now you know, I?m more than someone?s wife every holiday. I am-?

?Well, do you know me??

After experience in stock, I scored a triumph in my very first Broadway play, playing the lead. Two years later, I was nominated for an Oscar for repeating the role on screen. Talented and unglamorous, I alternately starred in films and plays of the '40s, then moved into character parts. I appeared in numerous TV programs since the early '50s. I also produced a number of plays and was co-producer of a film.

Edited by: finance on Nov 23, 2010 10:48 AM

Thanks.

?I?m what you might call a character actor. There?s no other word for it. I was no looker, that?s for sure. But I fell in love with acting and knew that was my calling, despite the fact I had already gotten myself a degree in botany. I toured with river boats and tent shows in my early days. I was a member of Welles and Houseman?s 891 theater group. Due to my love of Shakespeare, I performed in his plays as often as I could, and I even had one-man shows on the road as Whitman and Twain. I performed in Hollywood movies and on the Broadway stage. And when I was blacklisted for not naming names to that stupid board, I made my own acting troupe for myself and my friends. Many don?t know that I have raised all the plants mentioned in Shakespeare?s works. I do love the outdoors and gardening. The Lord loves those who love the earth. Despite all these things, I am predominantly known for a popular 1970s tv show, in which I was asked for advice from time to time.?

?Do you know me??

I was the son of an actress, and made my stage debut as a baby. I later was in many plays and musicals. I played juveniles in early Hollywood sound films, but died at the age of 20 in a car crash that also involved other Hollywood personalities.

Edited by: finance on Nov 29, 2010 10:42 AM

Edited by: finance on Nov 29, 2010 3:55 PM