Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
allaboutlana

Do You Know Me? II: 1900 - 1970

Thanks. Do you know me? I was a child actor who was much in demand at one time, but as I got older, my roles got smaller. I played Shirley Temple's brother in a series of short films and I once played James Cagney as a boy. I did an action serial with Jackie Cooper where we played boy scouts, and later I had a leading part in a serial that was based on a popular comic book hero. Many years later, when that comic book hero was brought to TV, I guested on the show. My acting career lasted more than fifty years, but many of the roles were bit parts or they were unbilled. I died in 2009. Do you know me?

Yes, it's Frank Coghlan Jr., also billed as Junior Coghlan, not to be confused with Junior Durkin, Junior Samples of Hee-Haw, or a Whopper Junior. He was featured in the "Frolics Of Youth" series with Shirley Temple and he played Billy Batson in the "Captain Marvel" serial. It's your turn, Waroftheworlds. Gee,that's kind of a big name. Do you have a nickname we could use?

" World" is ok with me.

I was a versatile character actor for 40 years. I played cops, gangsters, sheriffs and even a judge. I have 222 credits in my career. I was born in Grand Rapids, Michagan and died in 1976. Who am I?

You must be Ray Teal from Grand Rapids, MI, one of the most versatile character actors in the business...The judge role was in "Judgement At Nuremberg" as one of Spencer Tracy's judges....

I was born in Mississippi and hitchhiked to California in the 30's to be an actor. I picked oranges, drove a school bus, and pumped gas while studying acting and waiting for a break in the movies. One of my employers believed in me and paid for my acting classes. I became a big star in the mid-forties, starring in two classic movies at the peak of my career. Although still a leading man, my roles declined and I turned to the bottle. In the early 1970s I was a spokesman against alcoholism...I had one good movie in 1960 and was one of the many stars in a big budget war movie in 1962....Who me ?

I was a child star of the late '40s, and won a special award for my film debut. I also played a memorable role in another late '40s film, but gradually faded into obscurity. As an adult, I served as a film festival executive director, exec producer of a rock concert film, and opera house manager.

Edited by: finance on Dec 7, 2010 5:51 PM

Thanks.

?I was born in Hackensack, New Jersey in 1925 and served my country in the Marine Corps during WWII and the Korean War. I studied drama at the University of Miami and met my first wife there. Due in part to my big impressive physique, I didn?t have to suffer in bit parts. In fact, I was given my first break, in 1951, with the Duke no less, and I was given fifth billing. I was identified with films of the western, action, and war genres, but soon after my foray into film I went into tv where I was again thrust into western and action shows. Such was my life?s work, in the saddle, so to speak. But, in 1979, I became a J.R. type in daytime tv. Maybe, because of ?Dallas,? I was given my biggest claim to fame.?

?Do you know me??

I was the son of a proofreader, and made my stage debut while in college, then sang with choruses and appeared in stock. On screen from the early '20s, I played comedy leads and character parts in over 150 films, typically as a jittery, befuddled fussbudget.

Edited by: finance on Dec 9, 2010 6:24 PM