Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
allaboutlana

Do You Know Me? II: 1900 - 1970

Thanks.

?As the saying goes, I was born in a trunk, as my parents were performers on the circuit. I enjoyed my prolific career in films and tv from 1931 to 1974. I usually was the wise-cracking thug or sidekick with a Brooklyn accent, who most times appeared to be dumb as a stick. I was extremely busy in the 1930s in movies with Bette Davis, James Cagney, Edward G. Robinson, and Warren William.?

?Do you know me??

Edited by: allaboutlana on Mar 5, 2011 6:58 PM

"No, not Frank. I was an elevator man, in a hip 60s comedy film, where I was complimented by a very attractive lady just about my age."

No problem.

"Born in 1852 in Australia, I had no idea my lot in life would be those Hollywood pictures. I married early in life, had three children and was widowed. I found myself in America with no means of support. So, I did what was the most logical thing to do, considering the circumstances. I became an actress. In 1884, I started acting on the stage. I married again, but again was widowed. I was a highly respected stage actress, when I started acting in the silent era of films. But my most profitable years were the 1930s, where I was nominated for an Oscar and starred in a right funny movie, quite crazy.?

?Do you know me??

A Best Support Oscar winner, she started out as a child model. RKO contract when she was 18. Mostly B films and Westerns and some small parts in a couple of bigger films. Her look changed and she nabbed a great role in a 50's film. She had a substantial career on the small screen. A long running series, guest appearances on shows, mini-series. She played a very racey role in the 90's.She's had a turbelent private life but managed to get thru it. She's 86 years old. Can you name this actress?

No not Cloris, no not Eva. So Eva is 86, she's still not the one.

She had a lot of tragedy in her life, and was married at one time to a actor.

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Mar 8, 2011 10:21 AM

Thanks.

?I was born in 1889 in New Jersey. I developed an early love for acting, and managed to have a few doors opened for me. I was acting on the stage, when WWI came and I entered service. Afterwards. I was on the Broadway stage in dramatic roles. Then, I made some silent films in Hollywood where I usually played the dastardly evil villain. As talkies developed, I was seen in some racy pre-code comedies and also some slapstick comedies. I became known as a dependable supporting actor and, when I was hired, the viewers knew what to expect. These fast-paced comedies were my stock in trade and some say I had perfect timing. No matter what I was in or what I did, I tried do it well and to do it memorably. In my movies, I was most times than not, trying to keep people straight, but to no avail, as no one ever listened. Why won?t people listen??

?Do you know me??

Edited by: allaboutlana on Mar 8, 2011 3:00 PM