Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
allaboutlana

Do You Know Me? II: 1900 - 1970

A sickly child, he was taken to the warm climate of southern CA. His father encouraged his aspirations for acting; appeared in a few small roles, then went east to do stage work. A screen test led to a contract with 20th Century Fox in 1936. He soon became one of their leading stars, playing in contemporary and period pieces. Who is he?

I was a pre-medical student in college but became involved in campus theatre and decided on a stage career. After WW I service, I began an acting and singing career, and eventually became a popular leading man in silent films. The demand for my services increased with the coming of sound, where my good looks were enhanced by my rich speaking and singing voice. Through the mid-'40s, I kept busy playing dramatic, comic and musical leads. A few of my best known films starred Shirley Temple, Ann Harding, and Barbara Stanwyck.

Her career began as a stand-in for a legendary actress. She worked in some silents, but achieved her success in talkies. A funny lady, she was usually cast as the wise-cracking best friend. One of her most famous roles involved a fight with the leading lady. She appeared in films in the 30's thru the 60's. She won a Tony Award in the 50's and was nominated for an Oscar as Best Supporting Actress in the 60's. Her final film with a singing legend was in 1966. You all know this very funny blonde lady, Please name her.

btw, thanks, finance

It could, and is Una Merkel and Great that you recognized her without looking it up.

Good job finance, your turn

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Mar 12, 2011 2:02 PM

I was a popular star of silents and early talkies who strongly influenced the hairstyles and fashions of the period. I was taken into films as a repayment of a debt to my uncle by a famous filmmaker. I eventually gained popularity as an exuberant flapper. I authored my autobiography, a book on investments, and a book about my collection of miniatures.

When I was a little girl, my mother took me to the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry.

She told me that she especially wanted to see Colleen Moore's Doll House. It was fabulous.

You are silent screen star Colleen Moore.

When I was a little girl, my mother took me to the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry.

She told me that she especially wanted to see Colleen Moore's Doll House. It was fabulous.

I was a big studio producer and production head.

I was married to a beautiful movie actress.

I produced some of the top '50s Hollywood movies.

I'm not Irving Thalberg, but I was honored with the Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award.

Do you Know Me?

I've got 20th Century Fox on my mind--

Very correct--

Fi's up--

I was a noted journalist and columnist who also wrote short stories and produced on Broadway. I wrote the stories on which 2 well-known films are based. I became a movie producer in the early '40s and was known for hard-hitting films. My last film, a landmark film, was released after my death in the late '40s.