Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
allaboutlana

Do You Know Me? II: 1900 - 1970

Hint: There is a well-known entertainment-related building named after me in a major U.S. city.

Edited by: finance on Mar 16, 2011 10:03 AM

Edited by: finance on Mar 16, 2011 4:09 PM

The well-known entertainment-related venue which is named after me is in New York City (Manhattan).

Edited by: finance on Mar 17, 2011 9:18 AM

Edited by: finance on Mar 17, 2011 10:19 AM

Edited by: finance on Mar 17, 2011 6:22 PM

Mark Hellinger - Mark Hellinger Theater in Manhattan; renamed the Times Square Church

In a variety of jobs before becoming a Pinkerton operative. As the years went on he turned to drinking, advertising, then writing. Active from late 1920s - mid 1930s.

Edited by: Leanox on Mar 18, 2011 2:17 PM

I am a stuesque, voluptuous blonde who camt to the U.S. in the early '50s to participate in the Miss Universe contest. After working briefly in modeling and nightclubs, I made a modest Hollywood debut. But it was in Italy that I got my best parts, one of them for an American director. I was formerly married to two actors.

Edited by: finance on Mar 21, 2011 10:13 AM

Anita Ekberg...Married to British actor Anthony Steele (sometimes known as Mr. Ekberg) and later to Rik Van Nutter.

Thanks.

I was born in New York City, of Irish descent. I started on stage with a troupe of child performers. I traveled Europe and the world, but ended up in California where I became an actor and was nominated for a Best Supporting Oscar twice.I have played a variety of ethnic roles including Italian, Native American, Asian, Middle Eastern, and even Polynesian, but whenever the role of an Irishman comes along, nobody thinks of me. Who am I ?

I was born in NY state, and was originally a radio announcer. I entered films in the late '30s and played bland nice guy leads and second leads for various studios through the mid '50s. In the late '50s, I was the host of a TV drama series and was spokesman for the car company that produced the series. In the '60s, I returned to films in occasional roles.

Edited by: finance on Apr 1, 2011 10:09 AM

Edited by: finance on Apr 1, 2011 4:06 PM

Everybody knows that the veddy American Bob Hope was born in England.

Not Hope or Goodwin. Probably my 2 best-known films starred, respectively, Bette Davis and Jeanne Crain.

Edited by: finance on Apr 3, 2011 3:56 PM

Thanks. Do you know me? I was a singer with a fine tenor voice. I was featured on a popular radio program for several years. My radio fame led to some movie appearances, some in small parts at first, but I caught a break when I got to introduces two now classic songs by a top songwriting team. I continued with the radio show for another year or so before leaving in a salary dispute. I played the romantic lead in a major studio musical that featured a well known comedy team. For the next eight years, I appeared in musicals, but only one was a major hit, and in it I played a supporting role. I thought my type of singing was going out of style. After appearing on a TV show in the early fifties, I retired from show business. I was only thirty-nine years old. By the way, my replacement on the radio show had a much longer career in both radio and television, and his singing style was similar to mine. Do you know me?