Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
allaboutlana

Do You Know Me? II: 1900 - 1970

Yes, I am Kenny, not to be confused with the actor from "Star Wars". I sang on the Jack Benny radio show, I was replaced by Dennis Day when I left. I introduced Gershwin's "Love Walked Right In" and "Our Love Is Here To Stay" in "The Goldwyn Follies". I starred In "At The Circus" with the Marx brothers. Later, I appeared in the movie "The Harvey Girls". I reminded some of a young Dick Powell. Your turn, skipper.

I was born in Los Angeles and started acting early, at the age of ten. One of my early roles was with another child actor who played the title role. I was also in movies with Spencer Tracy and Liz Taylor, but most of my more popular roles were in musicals...Unfortunately, musicals were on the wane. I'm best remembered for a role I played in an award-winning musical and, lastly, for a television mini-series...Who me?

I was born in NYC. I came to films in the mid-'30s from vaudeville and Broadway, and played over 100 character roles, typically intelligent and urbane, often wearing a pencil-thin mustache. I was occasionally in lead roles.I was killed off early in a landmark film, and was a regular in a famous comedy movie series. I also had roles in 2 TV series..

Edited by: finance on Apr 12, 2011 10:05 AM

I better know this one. You are Jerome Cowan, the second Miles Archer in the movies. Walter Long was the first. You were also famous for playing the District Attorney in "Miracle On 34th Street".

Thanks. Do you know me? I came to America from Europe as a child and lived in New York state. I grew into quite an athlete. I became a professional wrestler, which led to movies playing tough guys and villains. I will always be remembered for a classic film noir. I appeared in several films with John Wayne, and numerous TV shows, sometimes playing wrestlers. In fact I continued in wrestling for some years after my film debut in the early 1940's. I appeared in a remake of a movie, or at least another version of it, some forty-five years after appearing in the original. That may be a record. Do you know me?

Yes, I got to thinking that 45 years between Dick Tracy movies must be a record, but I recalled that Noel Neill played Lois Lane in a Superman serial in 1948, before playing the role in the 1950's TV series. She had a small role in the 1978 Superman movie, but she also appeared in "Superman Returns" in 2006, some 58 years after her first Superman film. Your turn, skip.

I was first noticed as a funny contestant on Groucho's You Bet Your Life. I never attended school and was unable to read or write. However, a box office star saw me on TV with Groucho and had me work in his movies for years. Most of my movie work was as a character actor in westerns, usually speaking with an accent and oftentimes appearing in caricature roles which some people find politically incorrect. Who am I ?

I was born in California, worked as an elevator operator, and made my film debut in the '40s. After being in films for several years, I added singing to my resume, and became much more successful as a singer than I ever was as an actress, having a number of hit singles and albums.. I also co-starred in a long-running '70s TV series. I am perhaps best-known for a series of TV commercials for a particular product

Edited by: finance on Apr 17, 2011 3:08 PM

Julie "Cry Me A River" London.

The guys said her album covers were so great that they didn't care how she sang.

(Since I'm not a guy, I prefer Barbra singing "Cry Me A River").

Edited by: cujas on Apr 20, 2011 7:22 PM

Filter, flavor, flip-top box.

Next: This actress is my favorite film mother. Not maudlin, but warm and rather sophisticated.

She was the mother of Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn among others. Her ability was so vast that she even portrayed presidential mothers on the stage and on TV.