Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
allaboutlana

Do You Know Me? II: 1900 - 1970

No lo conozco--pero according to my research it has to be-- I guess--Antonio Aguilar?? Are you a fan?

Sorry, but no, cujas. Check out Roy Rogers movies that featured Estelita Rodriguez. My real first name was Federico, but I used a nickname.

Miles--You may never speak to me again, But I've only watched Roy Rogers & Dale Evans in their TV show. I think I'm too old to start with their movies now--But I loved "Nellie Bell".

(Please note hint and Question below):

deleted duplicate

Edited by: cujas on May 12, 2011 6:45 PM

Yes, it's Tito Guizar, whose real name was Federico Arturo Guizar Tolentino. He was also in "The Gay Ranchero" with Roy and the same supporting cast. Good job, skipper. It's your turn now. And cujas, its okay. Roy was my favorite TV cowboy. I probably would never have tried Post Sugar Crisp if they hadn't sponsored his show.

I made only 16 films from 1940 to 1945, but I am definitely remembered today, if for no other reason, than my imposing size and my performance in a classic chiller. I wanted to fit the mold of the leading man rather than the villain and went on a crash diet, going from 300 lbs. to 200 lbs. My body didn't react well from this and I needed surgery. I died a few days after the surgery.

Do you know me?

That would be the wonderful, one-and-only Laird Cregar who gave so many wonderful performances a sampling of which are *Hangover Sqare* (1945), *The Lodger* (1944), *Heaven Can Wait* (1943), etc.

Thread is open.

Here's one:

Born in Connecticut in 1931, I would find my place in this world acting, winning two Emmys for a popular yet short-lived tv series and being nominated for an Oscar for supp. actress for my third movie. My first movie role, in 1956, gave me great notices, and I fell in love with the lead actor and married him. I can be seen in movies with Glenn Ford, Joan Crawford, and Elvis Presley. Do you know me?

Edited by: allaboutlana on May 24, 2011 5:09 PM

I feel somewhat obligated to respond the questions about Connecticut celebrities. I don't know them all, but I think in this case the answer is Hope Lange. She was in "Bus Stop" and married co-star Don Murray. She was Oscar nominated for "Peyton Place", and was a TV star with "The Ghost And Mrs. Muir".

Thanks Lana. With Joplin, Missouri in the news lately, you may have been thinking about me. I was born and raised in Joplin. My godfather was Orville Wright, who taught me to fly at an early age. I became a flight instructor. In fact, when the government started issuing flight instructor licences, I was given number 1, making me the first certified flight instructor in the U.S. That's the capacity in which I served in World War II. In the early thirties, I attended the American Academy Of Dramatic Arts in New York, which led to some Broadway work. Eventually, I made my way to Hollywood, where I appeared in supporting roles for several years until I came to prominence in a picture with Deanna Durbin. After that, I appeared in lots of "A" list movies. I was in a movie with my good friend, Ronald Reagan. and I worked for Alfred Hitchcock in a well received film. I was in a movie where I played a pilot who died at the end of the picture. Years later, I had a TV series and I resurrected that character, using the character's name and playing a former pilot. I worked for Hitchcock again, but I devoted most of my time to TV work in the fifties and sixties. I was known for being fit and young looking. I always gave credit to a diet of natural foods. Do you know me?

Next: I was born the seventh son of the seventh son. I started in Broadway where I was in a string of flops...I then moved to the movies and had a bit part in one of the Green Hornet serials. I never did break through as a box-office actor, but continued character actor work in westerns, crime movies,and dramas for at least forty years. I had at least two TV shows and my daughter married a good composer. I died in the mid 1990s...who am I ?

Clue: I was more of a character actor in Noirs and westerns. I was in an Audie Murphy movie where he played the seventh son...just like me.

Thanks, skipper.

Do you know me? I am an American actress who began her career on Broadway. I was in a play in which I portrayed several different parts. In films, I was in a Jennifer Aniston movie, though she and I did not share any scenes together.

Who am I?

Cheers,

Dan

finance wrote:

This is supposed to be pre-1970. The reference to Aniston leads me to believe that it is not.

Finance, you are right. I did not realize this board was restricted to pre-1970 films. So, I'll surrender the board to you.

Your turn.

Cheers,

Dan

I was born in Texas and began my acting career at the Pasadena Playhouse. I was first a brunette, then a blonde lead and second lead in films, usually in refined roles. My best-known films starred, respectively, Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, and Frank Sinatra. My second husband was a famous producer.