Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me? II: 1900 - 1970

allaboutlana

Thanks.

?I am known to most people today for one movie in particular, as one of three sisters, but I was a very prolific actress in demand for my sweet disposition, my wholesome beauty, so they tell me, and my hard work ethic. When others were denied raises by the top brass, I showed my boss my checkbook and told him I take care of my mother, and he was always good to me. Being the daughter of stars in their own right taught me how to be a trooper and to enjoy the limelight, starting out myself at the young age of 4. I?ve been in two successful movie series and I am seen in a holiday movie that is shown every season. You could find me in lots of small ?B? pictures, whether they were comedies, musicals, or even westerns. I entered the tv scene, like many of my friends. And, even though I retired in 1976 from acting, I still remain active in my community and I continue to receive lots of fan mail. I was almost coerced to act in an epic story, but my acting days are over. I loved those days in Hollywood, particularly my home studio. (Other studios weren?t so hot.) But I?m happy to be where I am, with the people who are important to me, my friends and my fans.?

?Do you know me??

Edited by: allaboutlana on Aug 5, 2010 12:31 AM

?Yes, I am Ann Rutherford. I was Carreen O?Hara in Gone with the Wind; the Spirit of Christmas Past in Dickens? A Christmas Carol, with Reginald Owen; was in the Whistling comedy mystery series with Red Skelton and of course the Andy Hardy series with Mickey Rooney.?

Your turn.

I made my stage debut at 16 and later appeared in many Broadway productions and an occasional silent film. After writing a Broadway play, I went to Hollywood as a writer and played minor roles in a number of '30s films. I then returned to Broadway as a writer and actor, before coming back to Hollywood to stay in the late '40s for many film appearances. My son became a better-known actor than I was.(My son was accomplished both in films and on TV).

Edited by: finance on Aug 6, 2010 3:29 PM

?I know you don?t know my name, but once you?ve seen me, you remember me. I make an impression. That?s good. Born in Massachusetts, I yearned to be the center of attention and went to Hollywood. From 1939 to 1978, I worked steadily in movies and tv. My physical appearance tends to unnerve people, especially when I speak slowly. My profession in my most memorable films is that of an undertaker.?

?Do you know me??

i was born in texas and and an early age started as an entertainer on mississippi river boats

.i graduated to the stage and spent many years in the theatre.

.in the thirties i started my film career and enlivened many a musical or comedy..playing jovial but not very bright businessmen or officials

.i had an actor brother and i was an uncle to an actress....who am i ?

?I was born in Kentucky, the daughter of a coal miner and a school teacher, far from the lights of Hollywood, the stage, and fame. But I discovered my love for acting at 10 and right then I knew. I knew what I wanted. I wanted to turn the world on its ear. And so, I became an actress. I think I was born stubborn. Whatever I wanted I worked hard for, and I earned an Oscar and a Tony in the process. And, I worked with some of the best leading men Hollywood had, having fallen in love with one. But I would eventually marry a famous writer and have five children. I?ve had my share of suffering and setbacks, but against all odds, I conquered it and I went back to work. I?m a fighter.?

?Do you know me??

Edited by: allaboutlana on Aug 11, 2010 1:51 PM

Archived