Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do You Know Me? II: 1900 - 1970

I was born in NYC, and began in show business in a water carnival, then on stage, including much Shakespeare. I was in films from the mid '40s, playing many leads despite not being handsome. I gradually drifted into secondary roles as a cynical heavy. I received one Oscar nomination. My career declined in the '60s, when I was in many minor Italian films. I co-directed and co-produced one film. I co-starred with my second wife in several early '50s films.

Edited by: finance on Sep 20, 2010 10:40 AM

Thanks. Do you know me? I was a child actor on Broadway and in some silent movies. As a young adult, I alternated between the stage and Hollywood. I became friends with a theatrical couple that I met in New York. I had an affair with the wife. Her drunken husband found out and we had a horrible fist fight. He died and I went to prison for manslaughter. The woman was also imprisoned for a while for covering up evidence. Shortly after our releases, we married and resumed our careers. I was typecast in tough guy roles, usually playing second leads, mobsters, or cops. After nine years of marraige, my wife died in a car accident, leaving me with her child, whom I had adopted. I remarried a year or two later, this time to an actress who did bit parts. We stayed happliy married until my death. Through the thirties, forties, and early fifties, I was one of the busiest actors around. I won a Tony award for drama for the play "Command Decision", but the movie role went to Clark Gable. I starred on Broadway in "The Country Girl", but the film role went to Bing Crosby. I was in a Tarzan movie with Johnny Weismuller, A Torchy Blane movie at Warner Bros., and a movie with Lassie. In the fifties, I did some TV work as well as movies. I died of a heart attack on election day after voting for Adlai Stevenson. Do you know me?

I think that he was on this thread before, so that?s where I remember it.

Next:

?Two of my most popular films were for a very famous movie director. He was known for doing things big, and I would marry another respected director, of whom I would star in several of his films. Probably the one movie of mine that is seen most often is one I made with Bette Davis. Our son is an Oscar-nominated actor who has been acting since 1976.?

?Do you know me, my husband, and our son??

Edited by: allaboutlana on Sep 22, 2010 12:06 AM

This is the latest post. Any takers?:

?Two of my most popular films were for a very famous movie director. He was known for doing things big, and I would marry another respected director, of whom I would star in several of his films. Probably the one movie of mine that is seen most often is one I made with Bette Davis in the mid-1930s. Our son is an Oscar-nominated actor who has been acting since 1976.?

?Do you know me, my husband, and our son??

Edited by: allaboutlana on Sep 22, 2010 2:14 PM

I made my first stage appearance at age 3. During my teens I was a band vocalist. I became a studio contract player in the early '40s, where I played leads and second leads, relying on blonde sex appeal and some acting ability. I also entertained in top night clubs, starred briefly in a TV series, appeared in stock stage productions, and worked as a stripper. I died at a relatively young age.

Edited by: finance on Sep 23, 2010 11:05 AM