Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1955)

Hollywood icon Jane Russell will be making a rare public appearance, in New York city next year, as Captain Celluloid's special guest at World Con IV. Details will be announced during this year's event in October. Jane will be 90 years young on June 21, 2011, and knowing the Captain, the show will definitely be taking place around that time. Stay Tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLUHAOModTU

And you posted this in the Musicals forum on a thread called Gentlemen Prefer Blondes because?

Seriously, this would probably get more traffic if it was in the General, or Film Noir, or Your Favorites threads . . . she is now probably better known nowadays (on these boards anyways, if not the general public) for her early 50s noirish melodramas than as a musical star.

btw, GPB came out in 1953; 1955 was the year of the (sort-of) sequel, GENTLEMEN MARRY BRUNETTES.

One of the things that I enjoyed about her dramas, such as "Macao" and "His Kind of Woman" is that they found ways for her to perform at least one musical number. I guess I've always thought of her as a musical star, but in reality her dramas and westerns far outnumber the musicals. I'm so happy that much of her music is now available on CD. I have three different CD's and there may be even more available.

Terrence.