Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Actor in An Animal Category

• 2 weeks later...

The dog in this movie resembled a musician in a famous big band that was known for it's music and hijinks. This movie starred the band leader and several "names" from the horror genre.

Can you name the movie?

Edited by: cujas on Feb 9, 2011 1:37 PM

• 2 weeks later...

I worked opposite all the biggies some of Hollywood's biggest stars--John Garfield and Norma Shearer, just to drop 2 names. And I had picture deals with 2 of the biggest studios--MGM & WB.

I myself was no small name in Hollywood--My adoring fans usually call me by my stage name, which was my character in my most memorable movie.

FYI--I'm a dog.

I bet you know me--I appeared in 13 films--at Metro, WB and 20th C Fox.

Vic Fleming liked me a lot--along with Clark Gable and I were his favorite actors.

But I was a dog.

(See previous clue too.)

lol cujas. Please forgive if this guy has been used, I don't follow this thread as much as I should.

He made his debut in a film being shown on TCM this month. For his next film, he was chosen by a guy that was so smitten, he bought him. The love affair lasted almost 30 years. He had his own comic book,recounting his exploits and there's a famous saying that uses his name in it. Can you name this talented, loyal companion ?

That's me- a Baby Boomer!

Of course Trigger I thought this one would go down after the 1st clue, and I didn't want to make it so obvious by mentioning he was a horse, no challenge in that. Trigger's first film btw was *The Adventures of Robin Hood* , just shown the other day as part of Oscar month.

Back to you, cujas :)

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Feb 28, 2011 3:15 PM

I'm a little waif of a dog--probably a terrier mix, but I co-starred in a movie that created a film legend.

They called me "The Hard-Luck Dog".

If that sounds familiar, you can name me, the movie and the name of the actor, who after this movie, always had his name above the title.