Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've just been informed by Comcast that within the next 2 weeks, my condo will no longer get Fox Movie Channel. I called them, and was informed that Comcast will no longer offer FMC ANYWHERE. Anyone know anything about this? Is FMC going out of existence?

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> I've just been informed by Comcast that within the next 2 weeks, my condo will no longer get Fox Movie Channel. I called them, and was informed that Comcast will no longer offer FMC ANYWHERE. Anyone know anything about this? Is FMC going out of existence?

I don't believe FMC's days are numbered. They've posted the September schedule on their website (Fritz Lang's Return of Frank James and William Wellman's Yellow Sky are coming up!) and they appear to be producing more new FMC programming (some Avatar behind-the-scenes thing, FOX Legacy introduction for Mark of Zorro.)

I also have Comcast but haven't heard anything about them dropping the channel yet. I will be mad if they do; even with the all of the repeat programming it's still a useful channel.

Awww man, that stinks.

They seem to be getting better with their classic programming from 6am until 4pm.

They completely did away with Fox Reality Channel. Oh How I wish they would divide Fox Movie Channel into two - one with classics and one with newer films. The problem also is that their films are also shown on the premium channels. I remember when both FMC and Encore Westerns would play *My Darling Clementine* and *The Ox-Bow* Incident a few times a week.

I still believe one has a better chance of writing to them and asking them to show a movie on the channel in the future (and stalking the schedule for months) and them showing it, then waiting for it to be released on DVD by Fox, licensed by another company, or leased to TCM. Fox is one studio that I just don't understand when it comes to their classics. I record off the channel like crazy, and then to DVD, because I know I may never see several of the films again.

Looks like it's being put aside for August. Love is a Many-Splendored Thing, Die Hard 2, Can Can, Speed, Patton, and Butch Cassidy are the scheduled Legacy Nights for August.

They did the same thing with How Green Was My Valley last year.

It is sad with so many movies available that they repeat alot. I did love How Green was my Valley and did watch it over and over. Glad I switched over to FIOS hope they don't get rid of it. I don't watch it alot but I like the option of having it. Also All about Eve another great movie.

UPDATE----Comcast Philadelphia has severed ties with Fox Movie Channel. I asked the rep what that means for Comcast systems in other cities. He didn't know specifically, but he said that since Comcast HQ is in Philadelphia, it doesn't bode well for Comcast systems in the rest of the country.

• 2 weeks later...

"The story of Tyrone Power" is coming in September followed by a showing of THE MASK OF ZORRO and I believe NIGHTMARE ALLEY...I am very interested to hear what they have to say about Mr. Power and his career....also, I want to compare it to his A&E Biography which I have a record of. I still want to know how CAN-CAN could have got the 'Legacy' treatment before a Grable or Faye film. It still sucks that they are getting rid of FMC in Philly....I still don't understand what Fox is doing with that station.

A Tyrone Power fan, I had the privilege of seeing him live onstage when he toured w/"John Brown's Body." His performance shone.

Mamy of his movies denied him the opportunity to show his talent.

"Nightmare Alley," an exceptional movie, unfortunately seems litte-known.

*"The story of Tyrone Power" is coming in September followed by a showing of THE MASK OF ZORRO and I believe NIGHTMARE ALLEY...I am very interested to hear what they have to say about Mr. Power and his career....*

For me this is news both good and bad. Good because I too am a fan of Tyrone Power, as well as Linda Darnell, his costar in ZORRO, and I love both of these films . . .

. . . however, I will be in M?xico all of September on vacation. Oh well, the consolation is FMC repeats these to death, so hopefully I can catch it (and record) sometime in October.

> {quote:title=Arturo wrote:}{quote} ...so hopefully I can catch it (and record) sometime in October.

I would say that considering the way FMC programs you should have no trouble at all watching or recording it at least a dozen times before year's end.

Arturo, you will definitely have the chance to catch it again. The real unfortunate thing is that TCM in Mexico is a totally different channel than what we get here in the states. Please do enjoy your Mexico trip. There will be some rare films in September like Betty Grable's "Song of the Island" with Victor Mature that I hope you are able to record if you don't have it.

*The real unfortunate thing is that TCM in Mexico is a totally different channel than what we get here in the states. Please do enjoy your Mexico trip.*

Thanks I am looking forward to my vacation. About 3-4 years ago, a friend came with me to M?xico, and we discovered a TCM like channel showing classic Mexican movies from their Golden Age. You don't know how hard it was to get him to break away from the tv to get ready to do some sightseeing (I tend to be more focused when I'm on vacation). Needless to say, he's NOT coming along this time.

Weird. Comcast took away FMC at my condo, and assured me that FMC was completely gone from Philly. Now I find out that my gym still has it. Looks like I'll be spending even more time at the gym, like when LAURA or some such movie is on FMC.

*Weird. Comcast took away FMC at my condo, and assured me that FMC was completely gone from Philly. Now I find out that my gym still has it. Looks like I'll be spending even more time at the gym, like when LAURA or some such movie is on FMC.*

It's probably gone from the cable channels but not satelite systems like Directv.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> No, but when I'm there for more than 2 hours, and don't exercise at all, someone might get suspicious.

There are advanced yoga positions which are actually quite comfortable. If you can find one that is easy for you to maintain and if you can look as if you are meditating while in it I believe no one will bother you. They even might think you are very superior in your dedication to the art. :)