Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ike358

A TCM presence in the forums?

I'm pretty new here, though a TCM fan from very near the beginning. Has anyone from TCM ever posted in the forums?

It may well be impractical, because the person might get 'mobbed', but if someone in the TCM PR dept., not any on screen personality, could represent TCM in the forums, it sure would be nice to get feedback on available movies, whether suggestions are worthy of being passed on to appropriate depts., etc.

If no one has ever represented TCM in the forums, I suspect someone in the organization monitors them, but who knows?

ike, there have been over 100 posts by tcmprogrammer since the ID first appeared here in May, though "his" participation appears to have fallen off lately. This could be due to the recent Sony-MGM deal or the fact that he's been "mobbed" when "he" has participated here;-)

Also, there have been occasional responses by tcmweb1-tcmweb7 as well, though mostly related to technical issues with the site.

To newcomer 1st of all WELCOME-(I'm from down here in Florida, where in last 6 weeks there have been 4, count 'em ladies & gents 4 HURRICANES!!!) A guy whom is probably champ with most posts' on here: Mongo-(can easily attest to this, he lives in this god-forsaken state as well)

I used to have close to 400 posts'/articles myself on TCM. However, I had to entirely overhaul & re-edit all.

I don't know, but it stands to reason in past archives sec. I may still be present under my handle of: spencer1964? I hope so anyway. I know that folks such as Mongo, Holly & ML-(certainly wish you'd make contact again?) However, they can likely find them. On this topic, they already replied on tcmprogrammer & all. However, Mr TCM himself: Robert 0sborne used to log on in here & even write his own jazz,etc His handle was Joy-(this was in early 2001) Mr. Ben Mankiewicz is another I once attempted to only get a lil' reply from, to no avail I believe it's rude that they don't have more of it's programming & in particular, on-screen folks just once in awhile check on into these forums though Without us folks, there would be no TCM remember that fans. Another is tcmwebmaster-(on that note I personally need to hear from either of them, on a writer for this site: FRANK MILLER-(as in "High Noon") He wrote a tremendous book & we desperately need a sequel to it Mr. Miller>"MOVIES WE LOVE"-"100 Collectable Classics"-(it's insane not to have: "100 More Collectable Classics!!!"

I noticed Mr. Miller is currently on this site. Check out the "Thats Entertainment," article! He wrote whats among the greatest movie books-(it was in the now defunked TCM store & even had a forward by Mr. 0sborne) To tcmprogrammer & tcmwwebmaster & whomever, please forward this onto the author & or reply Thanks

welcome - we're still around

I've been traveling a lot and haven't had a chance to post; and there haven't been too many topics that needed a reply from TCM

I will forward your message, spencer

Thank you for posting, TCMp! Any chance you could get an explanation of why (alas!) TCM dropped the fun, signature, and beloved "TCM is all day/night" after the reading of the third upcoming movie?

Charlie Chan is a matter of licensing - we've shown several of them in the past, but they aren't available to us now; we might acquire them in the future.

I can ask about the comments at the end of the menus - I agree, I really liked those myself.

I think they brought back the pun master. I heard it yesterday morning, same voice no one different. I'm not sure if they changed it back at night though. They just have to go back to the old backdrop. Somehow hearing his puns while looking at a high rise doesn't feel right.