Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Patricia Neal !

sudable

I love her! A great disappointment, looking back, is that when I saw *The Miracle Worker* on Broadway, she was long gone from it, because she was pregnant. At the time it meant nothing to me, but I often wished I had seen her as Helen's mother. Even Anne Bancroft was gone, but Patty was still in it, and Suzanne Pleshette was excellent as Annie. I would love it if TCM could round up *The Homecoming* for their salute. Although, I don't ever recall them showing a made-for-television movie. I wish they would. Many of them are better than much of what they do show.

She was very honest about mistakes she made in her life and her regrets over them. I don't believe, as others in my family did, that her misfortunes were paybacks for the errors. I think she was a woman of rare courage who showed us what can be overcome with faith and determination. I loved her work, even in strange films like The Fountainhead, and of course in HUD. He was fool to let her get away. Thank you, gracious lady, and RIP.

*I am wondering if TCM will be airing a tribute to Patricia Neal.*

TCM has announced that there WILL be a tribute in September. Given that we are in summer and many people are traveling or on vacation, I think TCM;s decision to wait till September is a wise one.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived