Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Interesting interview with Robert Osborne

filmlover

I hadn't seen it, thanks filmlover! It reminded me I needed to check vivandlarry.com, it has been a while.

Robert is the best, and getting Gene Tierney for SUTS and Vivvy for Star of the Month in September really makes the year for me. :)

Hey guys,

Thanks for linking to [vivandlarry.com|http://www.vivandlarry.com] , and I hope you all enjoyed my interview with RO! It was an immense pleasure and an honor to be able to speak with him about SUtS and Vivien Leigh :)

Please feel free to follow the [vivandlarry.com blog|http://blog.vivandlarry.com] if you like what's being posted there!

Kendra

Hi Kendra,

I check out your beautiful website periodically and congratulate you on that wonderful interview with Mr. O! Vivien has long been my favorite actress and I was that thrilled when I got sit with Robert Osborne and introduce Gone with the Wind for TCM's 15th Anniversary. For a long time I hoped Vivien would be made Star of the Month but I feared they might not because she made comparatively few films. Needless to say, I'm thrilled about next month and I hope more of TCM's audience will get to see the extraordinary talent behind that exquisite, fragile beauty.

Were you a guest programmer? How wonderful! I bet that was so much fun! Though GWTW seems to be hit or miss among a lot of classic film buffs today, I'm so glad it continues to make people aware of Vivien's amazing screen presence. I went to the 70th Anniversary GWTW party in Atlanta last year and had the opportunity to ask RO why Vivien never gets a day on Summer Under the Stars. he said it was because they didn't have the rights to enough of her films. Well, I'm glad they were able to get enough to make her Star of the Month. I also really wish TCM would make a new documentary about her, like they've done for so many other A-listers. That Scarlett and Beyond one is the worst one, I think, lol.

Thanks and I'm glad you enjoy the website, it's a real labor of love :)

> {quote:title=porcelina wrote:}{quote}

> Were you a guest programmer? How wonderful! I bet that was so much fun! Though GWTW seems to be hit or miss among a lot of classic film buffs today, I'm so glad it continues to make people aware of Vivien's amazing screen presence. I went to the 70th Anniversary GWTW party in Atlanta last year and had the opportunity to ask RO why Vivien never gets a day on Summer Under the Stars. he said it was because they didn't have the rights to enough of her films. Well, I'm glad they were able to get enough to make her Star of the Month. I also really wish TCM would make a new documentary about her, like they've done for so many other A-listers. That Scarlett and Beyond one is the worst one, I think, lol.

>

I was a guest programmer, yes, it was a thrill of a lifetime. GWTW is my favorite movie,

so I was very honored to be chosen for that one.

I was at the 70th Anniversary party, too! I pestered about spotlighting Vivien, too. :D A documentary about her by TCM would be wonderful. I can never tire of seeing her or hearing about her.

You've done smashingly with your website, I'm very inspired by it as I'm trying to teach myself web design. Keep up the good work!

April (MissG)

> Thanks and I'm glad you enjoy the website, it's a real labor of love :)

Oh, fabulous! Maybe we brushed wings at the GWTW party and didn't even know it!

I agree, I never get tired of talking about Vivien, or her films, or Laurence Olivier, so we ust make it a point to keep spreading the love :)

Good luck on the web design journey--you definitely learn as you go!

Archived