Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DOR.MC.ME

NEED MOVIE TITLE TO VEIW MOVIE

what is the name of the movie that stars a female actress (maybe GENE TIERNEY) that plays a woman that lives at a fort, ( movie was set in 1700's) that marries a wilderness man and boats back to his cabin in the woods. she doesn't want to be there. one day he goes trapping , and his leg got caught in the trap. he needed her help to cut off his leg or he would die ,she helped. at the end of the movie they were happy together , he was walking one his wooden leg singing. film was made in 1940's 1950's or 1960's thanks

I believe that you may be thinking of the unforgettably harrowing film, The Trap (1966) starring Oliver Reed and Rita Tushingham. You can read more about this movie [here|http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=93832]

This gripping movie used to be broadcast on NYC television about every 3 months. Now it appears to be available on VHS only on the secondary market.

It features two fine performances by a mute Rita Tushingham and Oliver Reed as the trapper. Thanks for reminding me of this one.It would be a terrific movie for TCM's schedule and can be requested through the Suggest a Movie feature on this site.