• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LOBBY CARDS

Timbreza

> {quote:title=Timbreza wrote:}{quote}

> Hello everyone,

>

> I'll be decorating my room and I got a bunch of lobby cards. My question is, do you frame them or do I simply slap it on the wall?

>

> Thank you in advance!

>

If you have any REALLY rare and valuable lobby cards, you should perhaps consider making good color copies and display those, however you decide to display them, to avoid any potential damage to the originals, especially if they might be in the path of direct sunlight.

> {quote:title=Timbreza wrote:}{quote}

> I'll be decorating my room and I got a bunch of lobby cards. My question is, do you frame them or do I simply slap it on the wall?

I am a professional restorer and framer and collect movie ephemera like lobby cards, so of course I would recommend you frame them properly. But, I also know how expensive this can be. At least lobby cards are small, unlike movie posters which require oversize materials.

If you can, buy ready made frames and have acid free mats cut to fit. You NEVER want any old pulpy paper directly next to the glass touching it. It'll stick and be ruined. Trust me. It's best for the card to be held in the frame with vinyl photo corners to the back of the mat. NEVER use tape unless you have special acid free archival tape!!

Second best scenario would be to sandwich the matted card between glass and acid free foamcore backing in a "frameless" setting. Every frame shop employee knows this method-just inquire for explanation & prices.

If you can't even afford that, thumbtack the cards through the outer edges directly to the wall. Just make sure they will never get wet or receive direct sunlight-it'll fade them out within a year. Tiny thumbtack holes in the outer white boarder won't damage them as much as tape. And usually they've already seen worse!

I have frames hung that I just replace half sheets and lobby cards periodically whenever I get tired of them. They already have neutral mats so all the damaged white boarders are covered once in the frame. I don't even restore them, just hide the defects with the mats.

PM me if I can help you further.