Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Great English actors

bklynrose

Watching John Mills today puts him in my top 5 of english actors. I don't know of a pic I have seen that I didn't like him in. Actually he might be # 1 on my list. I once saw him playing a ventriloquist (a crazy one) and it scared the life out of me. Its to bad that Sunday nights are for kids this summer, I would have loved to see Great Expectations or War and Peace.

cat

Duuuuuuuuuu, my age is showing watching Michael Redgrave now I realized he was the one that played the part of the crazy ventriloquist in that movie, yes I do agree Michael Redgrave is up there with Mills, I guess all english actors look the same.

cat

Alec Guinness is the #1 British actor in my opinion. Others: as mentioned, John Mills , Michael Redgrave, Laurence Olivier, Ralph Richardson, Richard Attenborough.

Then there are all the Brits who immigrated to the States and never left. James Mason, for one. Cary Grant (but he seems pretty American) Charles Laughton. Richard Burton . for starters.

I'd put down Richard Burton, Peter O'Toole and Sean Connery--

But Burton is Welsh, O'Toole Irish& Scottish and Connery Scottish--maybe you should call this Great British Actors.

Almost forgot, for one brief shining moment--Richard Harris (Irish).

Edited by: cujas on Aug 24, 2010 6:05 PM