Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No name for my FAVORITE movie!

Hello all,

My name is Ayla. I'm 22 and I LOVE classics. About a year ago I saw this movie and I've LOVED it ever since. I was told by every store I've requested it from, that the rights to this movie are privately owned and so I cant find it or get it from ANYWHERE.

I THINK it has Henry Fonda in it.

Heres the summary:

A man, his wife and their child are going in their wagon to the west. Their axle breaks in this town where the biggest poker game of the year is going on. The man is an ex-gambler and while his wife goes to get the wagon wheel fixed, he gets in the game. Eventually he has spent almost all their savings, has a heart attack, and then she takes over.

I'll leave it there because I dont want to ruin the ending for any of you who havnt seen it, because the twist is AMAZING! I always thought it was called "A Big Hand For A Little Lady", but after doing a search on here, Im not sure if thats it. If you have ANY info on this movie, or if you've seen it and like it, please let me know. I'd love to share it with my friends and family, and request it on TCM.

Thank you,

Ayla