Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE

cody1949

It is good to have New Yorkers on this thread. For the past half century I have lived at the other side of the continent. I grew up in The Bronx and spent my teenage years in Bayside,Queens. If you are familiar with the area , maybe you can reply to my questions. In the East Bronx I went to my first movie alone at the RKO Chester on Boston Road near West Farms Rd. I saw RKO's BLACKBEARD THE PIRATE with Robert Newton, Keith Andes and Linda Darnell. What is there now? I went to THE VOGUE on Tremont Ave.to see THE CAINE MUTINY. What is there now? In the DOVER I saw WAR OF THE WORLDS. What is there now? A few years and many movies later I saw THE TEN COMMANDMENTS at the Loew's Valencia in Jamaica,Queens. I had my first taste of pizza pie at the bus terminal in Jamaica. Across the street from the Valencia was the RKO Alden where I saw THE DEEP SIX with Alan Ladd. I saw THE BIG COUNTRY at the Century's Meadows in Fresh Meadows along Horace Harding Blvd. I remember eating in a Horn and Hardart Restaurant nearby. Does anyone know what happened to these theater locations. Thanks for putting up with my trip down memory lane.