Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you could spend the day with any star...

If you could spend the day with any star (living or dead), who would you choose and why?

_LADIES_

1. My first pick would be Doris Day. I think she's a lot of fun. And I bet friends like Rock Hudson had a blast spending time with her, on and off the set.

2. I would also select Bette Davis and ask her a hundred questions about acting. I think she would give very forthright answers and would be a strong mind to match wits with in conversation.

3. Sandra Bullock. I think she'd be a lot of fun. It would definitely not be boring.

4. Joan Collins. I'd love to get to know the real woman behind the vamped up image. I get the impression she's a very intelligent person with a wicked sense of humor.

5. Joan Crawford. I'd like to know what made her tick. I think she's a very fascinating woman on film.

_GENTLEMEN_

1. I'd pick James Garner for the same reason as Doris Day. He just seems like a nice, friendly and fun sort of fellow.

2. Steve McQueen would be fun to hang around, especially racing cars.

3. Ernest Borgnine. In the interviews he gives, he seems to be so full of life and just a lot of fun. Plus, he could tell me what it was like to ride motorcycle with Bette Davis!

4. I'd like to spend a day with a young Ronald Reagan to see what his thoughts and views of world politics were like back then.

5. Paul Newman. Hopefully he'd invite me to dinner and I'd get to see Joanne Woodward, too.

JlDEuCGxSED4GLv.jpg

I think I'd have enjoyed spending a day having a few drinks while cruising on the yacht with John Wayne.

Or, a day hanging out with the Rat Pack back in their 1960 hey day.

Female-wise, I'd love to have had a circa-1955 dinner date with Lesie Caron in a fancy restaurant in Paris!

Edited by: prc1966 on Aug 27, 2010 5:15 AM

Forget the Stars I'd want to spend the day with Hitchcock. :)

Actually after reading an interview with Fritz Lang I think he would be a really interesting guy to spend a day with too. Take this little bit:

"How do you like your coffee?

Black like my soul"

I would like to fish with Lon Chaney Sr.

Have drinks with Bogart

Horseback the CA mountains w/ Cagney

A soiree with Orson Welles (at any age) on my arm...

I saw the Hitchcock comment and winced. I just have always heard how rude he was. After meeting, and working with Bogdonovich, I wouldn't want to have to bite-my-tongue again;)

Woman to spend a few LOLs with: Betty Davis at a quiet gossip haunt, dinner with Shelly Winters and Elsa Lanchester, and brunch with Helen Hayes.

The characters:)

Edited by: McBlunty on Aug 27, 2010 2:53 PM

Edited by: McBlunty on Aug 27, 2010 2:54 PM

> {quote:title=McBlunty wrote:}{quote}

> I saw the Hitchcock comment and winced. I just have always heard how rude he was. After meeting, and working with Bogdonovich, I wouldn't want to have to bite-my-tongue again;)

>

That's okay I would take a little rudeness to get to meet someone as fascinating as Hitchcock. ;)

Just 2 hours in the Dance Studio with Eleanor Powell. I wouldn't learn much because I'm a slow learner, but I would just be thrilled to have her break down those fabulous steps. Crazy as it seems, I'd like to dance with her in the studio mirrors. I guess every Tap Dancer has her favorite/idol. And Ellie is mine.

If I wanted to live a little on the extreme side, I would spend a night out with both Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson. Got an idea how to get them to release their pent up anger.

boxing-image.jpg

Edited by: hamradio on Aug 27, 2010 9:13 PM

I could think of more than a few, but I'll limit myself to five of each gender:

_*Women:*_

*1. Carole Lombard --* it's no secret she's my all-time favorite actress, yet I not only admired her acting style, but her vivacity and zest for life. One wonders what it would be like to experience a full day around someone with such energy (not to mention warmth, beauty and humor).

*2. Myrna Loy --* great lady (read her autobiography for proof) who possessed intelligence, charm and wit. It'd be fascinating to see her at work.

*3. Barbara Stanwyck --* the epitome of professionalism. What made her tick?

*4. Claudette Colbert --* Spending a day with the consummate Gallic sophisticate --.ooh la la!

*5. Jean Harlow --* Publicly a sex symbol, privately a bright, thoughtful lady beloved by the film community. Spending a day with her would help reconcile these personas.

_*Men:*_

*1. Orson Welles --* Watching his genius at work, whether it be writing or acting, film or radio, would be remarkable.

*2. William Powell --* We see him epitomize suaveness and urbanity on screen. What did he have off it that endeared him to such goddesses as Lombard and Harlow?

*3. James Stewart --* He would likely admit he wasn't the most exciting person to be around, but he seemed so quintessentially American.

*4. James Cagney --* On screen, a dynamo; off screen, intelligent and thoughtful. How much of each was he?

*5. Cary Grant --* Spending a day with someone exuding that aura must have been special indeed.

I think Orson Welles would've been fascinating to be around, and probably frustrating too...since he had a rather haphazard work style. But he was definitely a genius, no doubt about it.

Jean Harlow is another good choice. I thought about her. She truly was loved within the industry. So was Marie Dressler, who usually came off as a crusty old woman on screen.

Love to have spent the day with Ava Gardner, Marilyn Monroe, Jean Harlow..love to have seen how they lived so glamorous.

The men I would like to spend the day with would be Clark Gable, William Powell, Rudolph Valentino, Alfred Hitchcock, seems like an interesting group. Dont know if I could keep my hands off Clark Gable.

My choices:

Lauren Bacall because I like her as well as her work and to find out how her grandson, Richard, is doing. I knew him as a lovable child when the family were my neighbors and I had no idea about the family history. He's an adult now and I hope is happy and at peace in whatever he's doing in life.

The second is Gena Rowlands. I missed her when she had one of her "Evenings With" here and a one on one would make up for that.