Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite YouTube tribute videos

In honor of his birthday, Yul and his Magnificent Chest (You have to love a man who can pull off lines like this. While wearing a skirt.)

Yul with and without hair. I prefer him without...

Every movie good guy needs a villain or else what's the point? Harry Potter needs Lord Voldemort, Robin Hood needs Prince John and Guy of Gisbourne, etc etc. So here's a tribute to villains, especially attractive villains, (BTW, does anone know what movie is shown a 2:10?)

Ahh I just discovered this thread! I have a bit of an obsession with tribute videos, I can watch them for hours. I can't wait to look through this whole thread and watch them all.

I have so many favourites but for now I'll just post these two... I'm sorry if they've already been posted.

Greta Garbo... stunning! THAT face with that music just takes my breath away everytime I watch it.

Ginger Rogers...so cute and funny <3

Nice, Liegh! I'd not seen either of those. I especially love the music for the Ginger video!

In answer...here's Robert Montgomery to "Sing, Sing, Sing." I love his crazy faces and the "bro shake" with Gable @ about 1:07 :

Glad you like!

That was a very nice video! I love 'Sing, Sing, Sing'!! I admit to not being very familiar with Robert Montgomery yet, but that video has made me want to see some of his movies. He looks very likable!

> {quote:title=Leigh86 wrote:}{quote}Glad you like!

>

> That was a very nice video! I love 'Sing, Sing, Sing'!! I admit to not being very familiar with Robert Montgomery yet, but that video has made me want to see some of his movies. He looks very likable!

He is, usually. There's a quality of...I don't know, rascally-ness (maybe?) about him. You like him even when he's not entirely nice, if that makes sense. It always amazes me how much his daughter Elizabeth, looked like him, especially when she mugs for the camera. Watch a couple of old "Bewitched" episodes, then watch that video and you'll see what I mean.

It's Ginger Roger's and Barbara Stanwyck's birthday today.

So here's to Barbara--a video tribute on her pre-code 101 film, BABY FACE:

And one for Ginger, in comedy mode:

Crazyblonde--if you look at the top of the page, you'll find the web address, (the one for this page begins: forms.tcm.com/thread). Highlight that by left-clicking, then right clicking on "copy". Then come back to this page and click reply, then click "paste" in the reply box. The web address should appear as a link in your reply.

There's a thread elsewhere discussing the way movies make you feel certain ways or want/crave certain foods, a drink, a cigarette, etc. Here's a video of the ladies of classic Hollywood lighting up...they really know how to make it work for them, especially La Dietrich!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0nlRuIIzgI&feature=related

On this date in 1925, the Scopes Monkey Trial ended with a guilty verdict, which was later overturned. Given the current political climate, I thought it apropos to post this scene from INHERIT THE WIND. Spencer Tracy and Frederivck March chew the scenery like the hams they were, but a valid point is being made...

(oh heck. is that too political? Oh well...)

Some of our faves in their later roles...featuring an aging, yet still fab Gable, Bogie, Bette and Joan, Vivien, Tracy and Hepburn and William POwell, among others

And in a completely different direction, a very well-done fan trailer for 1932's FREAKS: