Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Open All Night" film (s)

Jayo

First, let me say that I am glad to know that these types of quirky details are noticed by others, because they are certainly noticed by me.

I would LOVE to know what film or short the clip with the people dancing comes from (they look rather dead too).

I do know that the scene when a car pulls up to the curb and then the front lights go off is from Hitchcock's THE WRONG MAN. I recently recorded it a few nights ago on Henry's SUTS day and I will confirm this.

> {quote:title=danthemoviefan wrote:}{quote}

> Several of the scenes are from KILLER'S KISS. Here's the "Open All Night" intro:

>

>

>

> This question has come up a few times here. This is one of the threads on the subject:

>

> http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?messageID=7772333

Good, someone also confirms the scene from THE WRONG MAN.

I just want to say that I love all those little shorts TCM shows. I find them entertaining and interesting to watch, and they somehow capture the magical and mysterious feeling that those kinds of films possess, as well as the "community" atmosphere that Turner Classic Movies offers everyone.

One that they've shown for years, but I always like it, is the semi-animated short with a few weary late night people going home (?) on the subway, a young woman in what looks like a brownstone apartment building window removing (or putting on?) a fur coat, an old man sitting by a window. autumn leaves flying up the street. I think it ends at one of those Hopper-like diners. I believe I have it on several of the films I've recorded from Turner, and I love it.

*One that they've shown for years, but I always like it, is the semi-animated short with a few weary late night people going home (?) on the subway, a young woman in what looks like a brownstone apartment building window removing (or putting on?) a fur coat, an old man sitting by a window. autumn leaves flying up the street. I think it ends at one of those Hopper-like diners.*

I'm pretty certain all the images in that opening are from Hopper paintings.