Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Madame X

Carmensnana

I was not aware that there were 4 different versions of this movie, I only recall the 1966 version with Lana Turner, but now I see that there was another a 1929 and also 1937. I loved the Lana Turner version, but after seeing a trailer of the 1937 version, I want to buy it. My questions is, the 1929 version is it a silent movie? I noticed that they offer both 1929 and 1937 sold together as a set. Any and all answers will be very helpful. Thank you.

This is one of the most common movie plots. Here are some other versions:

Femme, La (1910)

Who Is She? (1910)

Hvem er hun? (1914)

Madame X (1916)

Madame X (1920)

The Lady (1925)

Forbidden (1932)

Ruth Chatterton?s Frisco Jenny (1932)

The Secret of Madame Blanche (1933)

Kay Francis in Confession (1937)

Pola Negri in Mazurka (1935)

The Sin of Madelon Claudet (1931)

Madame X (1937)

A Woman Is the Judge (1939)

To Each His Own (1946) Olivia de Havilland

The Trial of Madame X (1948)

Agnostos, I (1954)

Mujer X, La (1955)

Madame X (1966)

Madame X (1981) (TV)

My list are variations on the same theme. A mother separated from a son or daughter for many years, then meets them again when they are all grown up, often in court.

Frisco Jenny, the son prosecutes his mother for murder, the mother refuses to tell the son she is his mother.

Confession, the mother murders the cheating lover of her young daughter, but refuses to tell the daughter or the court who she is or why she did it.

Madelon Claudet, the mother works hard so her son can be a doctor, the court takes the son away, years later the son, as a doctor, threats his mother without knowing who she is.

A Woman is the Judge, a rare film. A female judge is about to throw the book at a young girl, until she finds out the girl is her own daughter, put up for adoption years ago.

SPOILERS ... SPOILERS...

I don?t remember. But I think the son didn?t know, but the mother did know. In Confession, the mother asked to tell her story in private, so the courtroom was cleared except for the jury and judge, so they gave her a light sentence for killing the man, but her daughter never found out who she was. In Frisco Jenny, the mother knew but the son did not, and the son prosecuted her for murder and she was executed.