Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Warren Williams

Norika

• 3 months later...

*i never miss a warren william film even tho i have most on tape. he is absolutely the best "forgotten" lead of the past. i also enjoy his roles as the heavy late in his career. glad to know theres someone else out there.*

Yes his smooth suave charm translated well into a rather quite believable heavy, even if only in the name of leading a poor innocent girl astray.

• 2 months later...

As a woman, for me, the man depicts "slime." "Sleaze." I mean this in a very deliberate way, I think he knew it, and gave it well. When he's alone w/some poor girl, I know I should leave the room, but somehow I'm strangely compelled, like some weird '50s b/w. And then I wish I'd left the room. "Smarmy," that's good too. Has it in spades.

Warren William is a splendid actor representing the pre-Code sensibility. The 1990s pre-Code revival and books like Mick LaSalle's "Dangerous Men" helped re-establish him, sort of the male equivalent of Norma Shearer.

Warren William is my main man!!! Such the wolf and cad of the pre-code era, he rocked the house! He also was pretty cool in a B-series, as the "Lone Wolf"--appropriate for him! And he also played a small role in Universal's 1941 THE WOLF MAN--another appropriate film for this dude to be in! I loved him in the Perry Mason series as well! Pre-code never saw a more...ahem...hungry fella!