Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

'Cougar town' tonight on TCM

> {quote:title=SmilerGrogan wrote:}{quote}

> I thought Lola Albright was GREAT in "Cold Wind in August." When I was a kid I loved her on the Peter Gunn show, but this may be her greatest role as the world-weary stripper. A very underrated actress...

I agree completely. How come I never met a dame like that when +I+ was seventeen?

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=SmilerGrogan wrote:}{quote}

> > I thought Lola Albright was GREAT in "Cold Wind in August." When I was a kid I loved her on the Peter Gunn show, but this may be her greatest role as the world-weary stripper. A very underrated actress...

>

> I agree completely. How come I never met a dame like that when +I+ was seventeen?

>

Anyone who may have missed it or just wants to see it again, here it is:

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi3357280025/

The whole time I was watching, I thought "Vito's got to be at least 27." It was a bit distracting. Maybe the filmmakers thought that using a real teenager would be too controversial.

The "cougar flick" that really impressed me was "Love and Pain and the Whole Damn Thing." Maggie Smith and Timothy Bottoms were so good in it, and the mixture of humour with pathos was expertly done.

> {quote:title=SmilerGrogan wrote:}{quote}

> And it was a little hard to take the NY teen punks in the neighborhood seriously since one of them was played by Skip Young, Wally on the Ozzie & Harriet Show.

Another was Charlie Brill, who tried (in vain) to sound Italian.

And whose idea was it to show Herschel Bernardi in bathing trunks?

*And whose idea was it to show Herschel Bernardi in bathing trunks?*

Ack! Even though it's been 24 hours, my eyes! my eyes!!! As bad as Carol Channing stripping? I say, yes.

My eyes! My eyes!

"Sorry, Charlie."

*Andy Devine in No Island in the Sky immediately comes to my mind - and hopefully will exit soon.*

Hey Rich,

I've seen *No Island in the Sky* and don't remember Andy in his swim trunks. For which I should probably get on my knees and thank our Heavenly Father.

But thanks to you I can never completely get the picture of Carol stripping out of mind and I suspect it will be the same for Herschel.

"Sorry, Charlie."

Some films should come with warning labels.

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=musicalnovelty wrote:}{quote}

> > I think you'd better post a few choice shots of Lola to clear our heads after that one!

>

> Maybe these will help:

>

> Untitled1-58.jpg

>

> Untitled2-49.jpg

>

> Untitled3-46.jpg

They Help! Thanks!