Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie Title Needed! Please!

curlysmile

I am in search of the name of a movie my dad saw on TCM about a month ago. Here are the things I can tell you about it:

-It had performances footage of Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, Martha & the Vandals', Bo Diddley, and Little Richard

-More importantly it showed one of the only performances of Muddy Waters and Chuck Berry or Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry on stage together.

-The way he explained this movie: It was an actual movie with a cast of actors playing the roles of these performers (listed above), and in between the movie it showed nostalgic footage of actualy performances.

I know this is not very good information but hopefully someone can help! He was very excited about this movie. He said it took him back to being a child and seeing them on tv. I really would like to get him this movie as a Christmas gift. Thank you!

> {quote:title=curlysmile wrote:}{quote}

> I am in search of the name of a movie my dad saw on TCM about a month ago. Here are the things I can tell you about it:

> -It had performances footage of Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, Martha & the Vandals', Bo Diddley, and Little Richard

> -More importantly it showed one of the only performances of Muddy Waters and Chuck Berry or Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry on stage together.

> -The way he explained this movie: It was an actual movie with a cast of actors playing the roles of these performers (listed above), and in between the movie it showed nostalgic footage of actualy performances.

>

> I know this is not very good information but hopefully someone can help! He was very excited about this movie. He said it took him back to being a child and seeing them on tv. I really would like to get him this movie as a Christmas gift. Thank you!

>

I believe this is it:

"Let the Good Times Roll" (1973)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0143367/combined