Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weasels, snakes, and worms

ValentineXavier

You know what I am talking about - certain actors play sleazy, slimy characters, people we often love to hate, but still sometimes retain a soft spot for them. They are usually supporting actors, but sometimes have lead roles. Who are your favorites?

I'll name a few of mine - Walter Slezak, George McCready, Victor Jory, Zachary Scott, Elisha Cook Jr. Of course Elisha often seems as harmless as a puppydog, even when he's packin' iron. Some of my favorite, more modern, worms are Michael J. Pollard, Harry Dean Stanton, and Bill Macy.

> {quote:title=ValentineXavier wrote:}{quote}

> You know what I am talking about - certain actors play sleazy, slimy characters, people we often love to hate, but still sometimes retain a soft spot for them. They are usually supporting actors, but sometimes have lead roles. Who are your favorites?

>

> I'll name a few of mine - Walter Slezak, George McCready, Victor Jory, Zachary Scott, Elisha Cook Jr. Of course Elisha often seems as harmless as a puppydog, even when he's packin' iron. Some of my favorite, more modern, worms are Michael J. Pollard, Harry Dean Stanton, and Bill Macy.

Walter Slezak almost had to play a baddie with that name!

> {quote:title=jamesjazzguitar wrote:}{quote}

> I would add Dan Duryea to the list and Richard Widmark in his early days was often a weasel and sometimes a snake!

Duryea was great, but his characters usually couldn't be all bad, to the end. You might say he sometimes weaseled out of being a weasel...

Now, now, don't start that stuff. This is in the Your Favorites forum, and I wouldn't call them favorites.

This is the only user name I have ever used. When I signed up, I tried to use "Val Xavier," but that was taken. I have never seen that name posted, and I have no idea who used it, if it was once used.