Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MyFavoriteFilms

Upcoming on FMC

I know Fox Movie Channel repeats titles a lot, but they do show many different ones (and good ones no less).

R5OAF00Z.jpg

This morning CLAUDIA AND DAVID aired, and it was wonderful. The original, simply called CLAUDIA, is scheduled in the near future.

Here are some other rare ones to look for in October and November:

_October_

CLEOPATRA

LITTLE OLD NEW YORK

UNFAITHFULLY YOURS

ELOPEMENT

MAN ON A TIGHTROPE

THE BRAVADOS (Also to air on the Encore westerns channel.)

IN LOVE AND WAR

ALL HANDS ON DECK

7 THIEVES (One of my favorite caper films, with sexy Joan Collins.)

LAURA (Of course, a non-TCM title if ever there was one.)

ON THE RIVIERA (Gene Tierney and Danny Kaye, bring it on!)

GOOD MORNING, MISS DOVE

HANGOVER SQUARE (I've only seen this on TCM once.)

MY COUSIN RACHEL

_November_

LLOYDS OF LONDON

THE KREMLIN LETTER

HOME IN INDIANA

BLOOD AND STEEL

I WAKE UP SCREAMING

AMERICAN GUERRILLA IN THE PHILIPPINES

THE RIVER'S EDGE

NINE HOURS TO RAMA

THE BOSTON STRANGLER

THE GANG'S ALL HERE (It will take a long time before this comes to TCM.)

THE LEOPARD

THE AFFAIRS OF CELLINI (Early Fredric March.)

THE GREAT PROFILE

BLUE DENIM (Cannot wait for this one, with Brandon DeWilde.)

Now that FMC has been taken away from me, the only two that I'm sorry I'm missing are I WAKE UP SCREAMING and UNFAITHFULLY YOURS. Maybe I can arrange to be at my gym when they are on, so I can see them.

Several I'd like to record, providing I know when they are on to record them! I havent seen Good Morning, Miss Dove in many years........

MISS DOVE aired two summers ago on TCM when Jennifer Jones had a SUTS tribute. They did not show it this year when it was Robert Stack's turn. I'm glad FMC has scheduled it.

UNFAITHFULLY YOURS has gotten a special release by Criterion. So it's more widely available.

I meant to add that one! I'm a huge Dorothy McGuire fan. Thanks for reminding us. It's one I haven't seen yet. She was fabulous with Robert Young in CLAUDIA AND DAVID. She did films for MGM, but her best stuff is with Fox, then Disney second.

MFF, I emailed FMC a laundry list of films I think they should show. I don't have the list on this computer but I will make sure I post it tomorrow. It will be interesting to see which on my list pop up in the near future.

Glad they are putting I WAKE UP SCREAMING back in the rotation. I'm all for anything Victor Mature from Fox's vaults but I rather they show this film in the block right before VICKI so people can judge the better picture for themselves.

The last time *Good Morning, Miss Dove* was in the rotation, it was a pan-and-scan version. Not that showing it in full screen would make it any better.

When I looked at this week's schedule I was thrilled to see *Man on a Tightrope* on it. I hadn't looked ahead to November, and am looking forward to *I Wake Up Screaming*.

A couple of movies that have been out of the rotation for a long time that I'd like to see them bring back:

*Just Imagine* with Maureen O'Sullivan before she became Jane;

*Inferno* which was originally in 3-D (the last time it was in rotation, it was aired along with *Niagara* at least once, and I know I've seen *Niagara* on the schedule recently)

*Gorilla at Large* Lee Marvin and a gorilla -- what more could you ask for?

I want to see THE FOXES OF HARROW starring Maureen O'Hara and Rex Harrison. Plus, it would be nice to have a cleaned-up, non Alpha video version of COLONEL EFFINGHAM'S RAID featuring Charles Coburn and Joan Bennett. And I cast a vote for Tallulah in A ROYAL SCANDAL (which they showed earlier this year)...bring it back!

I just rented A LETTER TO THREE WIVES thru Netflix, and it would be good for them to air this film as well. It's a perfect companion piece to ALL ABOUT EVE.

letter-to-three-wives-title.jpg

Fedya,

I have good news for you, no GREAT news. According to FMC's schedule, they will show both the pan and scan and widescreen of GOOD MORNING, MISS DOVE (why both, I don't know). But anyway:

November 25, 2010 6AM ET Widescreen

October 4, 2010 9AM ET Fullscreen

Let's see if they actually do play both as listed on the site. I plan to record and keep both on the DVR for comparison.

A YANK IN THE R.A.F. (1941)

CRASH DIVE (1943)

AMERICAN GUERRILLA IN THE PHILIPPINES (1950)

RAWHIDE (1951)

PONY SOLDIER (1952)

UNTAMED (1955)

THE SUN ALSO RISES (1957)

MY BLUE HEAVEN (1950)

WHEN MY BABY SMILES AT ME (1948)

SPRINGTIME IN THE ROCKIES (1942)

CONEY ISLAND (1943)

MOTHER WORE TIGHTS (1947)

FOOTLIGHT SERENADE (1942)

THAT LADY IN ERMINE (1948)

THE DOLLY SISTERS (1948)

THE BEAUTIFUL BLONDE FROM BASHFUL BEND (1949)

CALL ME MISTER (1951)

THE FARMER TAKES A WIFE (1953)

THE EGYPTIAN (1954)

VIOLENT SATURDAY (1955)

MY GAL SAL (1942)

STAR DUST (1940)

FOREVER AMBER (1947)

THE 13th LETTER (1951)

THE BRASHER DOUBLOON (1947)

GIVE MY REGARDS TO BROADWAY (1948)

ONE IN A MILLION (1936)

YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING (1937)

SWANEE RIVER (1939)

HAPPY LAND (1943)

RAMONA (1936)

TIN PAN ALLEY (1940)

THE GANG'S ALL HERE (1943)

STATE FAIR (1962)

LILLIAN RUSSELL (1940)

ROSE OF WASHINGTON SQUARE (1939)

BARRICADE (1939)

EVERT NIGHT AT EIGHT (1935)

TAIL SPIN (1939)

THUNDER BIRDS (1942)

HUDSON's BAY (1941)

RINGS ON HER FINGERS (1942)

WAY OF A GAUCHO (1952)

THE LEFT HAND OF GOD (1955)

DOLL FACE (1945)

SOMETHING FOR THE BOYS (1944)

IT HAPPENED IN FLATBUSH (1942)

TALL, DARK AND HANDSOME (1941)

CHICKEN EVERY SUNDAY (1949)

SUNDAY DINNER FOR A SOLDIER (1944)

THREE LITTLE GIRLS IN BLUE (1944)

THREE COINS IN THE FOUNTAIN (1954)

DESIREE (1954)

From my list, two are showing up in November: AMERICAN GUERRILLA IN THE PHILIPPINES and THE GANG'S ALL HERE

That's good to know.I didnt realize TCM had shown Miss Dove before..........

Glad to see "The Affairs Of Cellini" coming up in November (it's from Darryl F. Zanuck's Twentieth Century Films before its merger with Fox -- does anyone know where its studio was located?). Frank Morgan was nominated for best actor in this, but lost to Clark Gable for "It Happened One Night"), and Constance Bennett supposedly plays one of her sauciest roles. Fay Wray and Fredric March are also in the cast.

I would love to see "The Arizona Kid," a 1930 oater and followup of sorts to "In Old Arizona." Carole Lombard, then in between stints at Pathe and Paramount, had a supporting role -- and unless Fox has uncovered one of her 1925 pre-auto accident films (all presumed lost), it's likely the only Lombard movie FMC has in its library.

*Here are some other rare ones to look for in October and November:*

October

CLEOPATRA

LITTLE OLD NEW YORK

UNFAITHFULLY YOURS

ELOPEMENT

MAN ON A TIGHTROPE

THE BRAVADOS (Also to air on the Encore westerns channel.)

IN LOVE AND WAR

ALL HANDS ON DECK

7 THIEVES (One of my favorite caper films, with sexy Joan Collins.)

LAURA (Of course, a non-TCM title if ever there was one.)

ON THE RIVIERA (Gene Tierney and Danny Kaye, bring it on!)

GOOD MORNING, MISS DOVE

HANGOVER SQUARE (I've only seen this on TCM once.)

MY COUSIN RACHEL

November

LLOYDS OF LONDON

THE KREMLIN LETTER

HOME IN INDIANA

BLOOD AND STEEL

I WAKE UP SCREAMING

AMERICAN GUERRILLA IN THE PHILIPPINES

THE RIVER'S EDGE

NINE HOURS TO RAMA

THE BOSTON STRANGLER

THE GANG'S ALL HERE (It will take a long time before this comes to TCM.)

THE LEOPARD

THE AFFAIRS OF CELLINI (Early Fredric March.)

THE GREAT PROFILE

BLUE DENIM (Cannot wait for this one, with Brandon DeWilde.)

Most of these are not rare; at least most have been shown fairly frequently on FMC in the last few years.

*Glad to see "The Affairs Of Cellini" coming up in November (it's from Darryl F. Zanuck's Twentieth Century Films before its merger with Fox -- does anyone know where its studio was located?).*

There was no studio facilities as such; they produced and released through United Artists. This is one of the reasons that Zanuck merged with Fox, for the production facilities.

Edited by: Arturo on Oct 6, 2010 7:14 PM

I actually just made myself a copy of this film. I enjoyed it.

November 26, 2010 8:00 am ET

October 15, 2010 10:00 am ET

October 24, 2010 9:00 am ET

November 1, 2010 12:00 pm ET

Hmmm. I like to watch FMC sometimes. There are a few movies being shown on there that I would like to see. Unfortunately, the time's aren't always convienent for me and my dvr has too much on it now. And as of a couple month ago, I'm unable to record anything from this channel to a dvd to be able to watch at a later date. :(

> {quote:title=cteddiesgirl wrote:}{quote}

> Hmmm. I like to watch FMC sometimes. There are a few movies being shown on there that I would like to see. Unfortunately, the time's aren't always convienent for me and my dvr has too much on it now. And as of a couple month ago, I'm unable to record anything from this channel to a dvd to be able to watch at a later date. :(

What is the model of your DVD Recorder? I use an older Toshiba model that came out before all the copyright protection chips started being built into the recorders. I can record ANYTHING from my satellite cable.

> {quote:title=LoveFilmNoir wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=cteddiesgirl wrote:}{quote}

> > Hmmm. I like to watch FMC sometimes. There are a few movies being shown on there that I would like to see. Unfortunately, the time's aren't always convienent for me and my dvr has too much on it now. And as of a couple month ago, I'm unable to record anything from this channel to a dvd to be able to watch at a later date. :(

>

> What is the model of your DVD Recorder? I use an older Toshiba model that came out before all the copyright protection chips started being built into the recorders. I can record ANYTHING from my satellite cable.

Both of my dvd recorders are newer (within the last 3 years). So there are several channels I'm unable to record from. One is a Sony, the other is a Magnavox.

I used to be able to record from FMC until a couple months ago. Now suddenly, I'm also unable to record from TCM. :(